Page 229 of 277 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2761

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That game is MP only isn't it? I keep seeing it while playing Killing Floor and it looks like an awesome SP game, but judging by what Red Orchestra is, I can only assume RS is the same, unfortunately :c
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Its just red orchestra with americans/japanese

how the saints saved christmas was amazing like seriously i can't oversell it

Fuck you man I still need to get that.

Starbound is the best minecraft-like ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

is it more than space terraria? is it a game for white people?

I've been looking forward to Starbound for 2 years now, I don't have it yet because I'm finishing off Terraria 1.2 and waiting for Starbound to exit beta, but I can definitely say it's more of a space Terraria than a MC-like, since the guy that made Starbound used to work on Terraria, which is a whole different thing from MC.

Can't wait to pick up the game though.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    I've been looking forward to Starbound for 2 years now, I don't have it yet because I'm finishing off Terraria 1.2 and waiting for Starbound to exit beta, but I can definitely say it's more of a space Terraria than a MC-like, since the guy that made Starbound used to work on Terraria, which is a whole different thing from MC.
    Well, they've got a pretty big team and it's just the one guy who used to work on Terraria so yeah.

Starbound plays like Terraria but much more streamlined and sexy. Mining is a hell of a lot quicker, and if you want to get good stuff it makes sense to mix it up by exploring a lot. Also the fact that it's Terraria in space makes it orders of magnitude better. If you have a crappy ore distribution on one world then you can just go to another. In extreme cases this leads to you travelling to a planet, ripping out all the vital resources, and moving on. But that sort of gameplay is way more fun (imo) than having to grind for hours on the same world like in Mein Kraft or Terror Area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    What about that space mein kraft game. Starmade or Spacemade or something?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    having to grind for hours on the same world like in Mein Kraft or Terror Area.
    They've essentially just streamlined an old thing that most Terraria players still do, which is make new worlds just to mine them for certain materials, which is cool. I hated making new worlds. I just hope Starbound ends up just as robust as Terraria in the end, with even more bosses and enemies.

One thing I do wish they'd let you do in Starbound is fully customize your ship though :c
    <My comic