Page 215 of 277 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2761

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Just bought Marlow Briggs cause it was on sale. Awwwyea, time to play a God of War clone as the voice actor of Kratos, obviously.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Got my first non-free weekend Call of Duty game in Ghosts. The PC version is plagued by several issues Infinity Ward could easily have fixed had they taken one work day to sit down and actually pay attention to the platform. They're mostly fixable, but it's frustrating that a game touted as "next-gen" has so many issues. Then there's the whole thing about the high requirements being attributed to bad optimization -- the game looks no better than Black Ops 2.

I have a feeling I'll be playing it for a while despite the dumb stuff. It's got issues, but it's still a ton of fun.

playing buttman origins

not great

You play the PC version? Cause that thing is riddled, I mean -riddled- with bugs and glitches, 80% of which still aren't fixed at all, lol.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

yeah it's shit from a butt

even if it wasn't buggy it feels really poorly designed compared to the prior two

I actually like how it's designed a biiiit more than than City and Asylum. Now my biggest problem lies in the fact that it's been broken out the box since launch.

The flow of the story itself reminds me a lot of Asylum, which was my favorite one when it came to flow of the main story. The side missions are super lame compared to what was seen in City. And even though the main campaign was really well done imo, they ended up wasting like 4 assassins and tossing them into dumb side missions.

The combat feels just as good as it did in City, even better (shock glooooooovessss), and imo the graphics are actually a little better than City. The PhysX effects are definitely a few steps up too.
    <My comic

Maybe these games were always shit and I'm only just now noticing.

The entire intro is painfully hand-holdy, and every indoor segment is basically just going through the motions. Fighting is fine except they have done absolutely nothing to fix the clipping or funky ass animations, and I seem to punch the air a lot more than I did in the previous games. Shock gloves might as well be called easy mode gloves.

World doesn't make sense. Arkham City was full of criminals because of its very nature. Gotham has criminals every block because???

Don't get me started on having to cross that dumbass bridge over and over.

The whole crime scene thing is a joke. There is so little player input they might as well just be cutscenes. At one point the crime scene DOES become a cutscene. This game loves to take control away from you.

Also random minions showing up during boss fights? Is this 2004?

The only real good in this game is the stuff rocksteady left behind. And the story is acceptable for a video game.

Yea, the shock gloves really are easy to fight with... but they're also really fun. You really can't beat 1 vs 100 mode as Batman without them since critical hits are screwed up, and you'll end up beating the same 10 enemies in the face until you're overwhelmed.

I do find myself punching the air a lot more than normal as well. And the criminals everywhere thing -does- seem a bit dumb. Arkham Asylum had a total outbreak, Arkham City was run by the bad guys, Gotham is... just a shitty city to live in, and especially at night? The crime scenes piss me off sometimes, but meh... better than nothing I guess.

Never had an issue with any of the boss fights.

Oh yea, and the multiplayer I thought was really fun at first, until I started noticing the 10 million flaws. The art direction Splash Damage brought to the table is amazing though even though they all look like they were ripped right out of their previous failure.
    <My comic

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    ...the clipping or funky ass animations
    for being triple-A titles the batman games have some of the weirdest gliding/moonwalking I've ever seen.

What gets me the most are the absolutely insane distances batman will zoom Flash style to hit a guy, and how you will just slide in place like an action figure if you aren't aligned properly with a dude when you counter. At one point, I did a counter and there was a knocked out dude next to me and Batman did a double take-down move with a crook in one hand and a fistful of air in the other.

To be fair the old games had shit like that, but what's a sequel for if not to fix the problems of old?