Page 6 of 274 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...comment-page-2

Idk how I feel about this. Ultima 4 inspired me in a way no other game has but richar garriott is kind of nuts.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    So I been talkin to niggas about UMvC3 and it becomes startlingly apparent that most MvC3 players base their "who's broken" off of whoever Justin Wong used in the last tournament.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...comment-page-2

Idk how I feel about this. Ultima 4 inspired me in a way no other game has but richar garriott is kind of nuts.
    Sounds like my dream game. And he's a game developer: "nuts" can be a good thing.

No nuts in the case of lord british is not a good thing at all

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    So I been talkin to niggas about UMvC3 and it becomes startlingly apparent that most MvC3 players base their "who's broken" off of whoever Justin Wong used in the last tournament.
    People need to start to man up and don't point what is broke and what not. Even Phoenix, the most "broken" character, is defeatable with a good strategy.

Broken is one of the most misused words in the fighting game community right there along with scrub.

Broken - A fighting game character being broken means that you have to use this character to win, or it has the ability to literally break the game and leave it in an unplayable state. Not to be confused with characters who are just good.

Scrub - Somebody who creates mental barriers for themselves based on the concept of honor. Not to be confused with people who joined srk in 2009.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Broken is one of the most misused words in the fighting game community right there along with scrub.

Broken - A fighting game character being broken means that you have to use this character to win, or it has the ability to literally break the game and leave it in an unplayable state. Not to be confused with characters who are just good.

Scrub - Somebody who creates mental barriers for themselves based on the concept of honor. Not to be confused with people who joined srk in 2009.
    It's not easy to determine whether you "have to" use the character to win. And while using an overpowered character is legitimate in a competitive setting, there's no denying that it is preferrable to have no definitive, obvious best character. At least 1 or 2 characters able to hold their own make the scene more enjoyable.

Its super easy to determine. If everyone has to use the character in order to be competitive, the character is broken. That's like the easiest thing to determine in the entire world.

Also lol at your balancing 101. Its best not to have one character be too strong! Thats cutting edge stuff fenn.
    Last edited by jubeh; 11-14-2011 at 02:24 PM.

yes yes YESSSSSSSS