Page 251 of 274 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2733

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    So I tried playing MG: Rising again after shelving it once I got to Bladewolf and dying more times in one area than I ever have in Dark Souls.

I absofuckinglutely hate the parry system and that fight. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? It seems like you have to time your parry with a computer-like acuracy in order to actually trigger a parry, otherwise you just get fucked up by Bladewolf or go slashing in the direction you meant to parry, and get fucked up from behind as a result.

Think I'll stick with Bayonetta, Platinum.

I'll be expecting you, Sy.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

The parry is super lenient so you may be doing it wrong. Just move the stick in the direction of the attack.

Man I really did sit down and try to master the system, and I've been doing the 'press x in the direction of the attack' thing, and as well timed as I could get it for a while now.

Dunno what happened between the demo and the full version cause in the demo I could mop the thing, and parrying was no issue.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I didn't understand a thing of MGS battle system. And it has lag on my laptop so yeah.

lol srsly? u gettin stuck on bladewolf? dang noob, look hes super ez, when his eye shines get ready 2 parry him or dodge and get out of the way. press a+x at the same time to dodge him, point the directional thumbstick in his direction and press light attk at the same time to parry. if he jumps to the side and then runs towards a wall, hes gonna lunge at u. that gives u the perfect opportunity to parry him and get a B.M.I. index error and slice him up a bit. keep doin this till he summons the cyborgs and the gekko UG, then bam man just keep it up. u can do it, but nah jk about callin u a noob. that fight is really difficult in proportion 2 the rest of the 1st level. its like theyre tryin 2 ease u into then HEEEEEERE'S BLADEWOLF! so ya dont feel bad about not bein able 2 beat LQ-84i. also taragon its a lot eazier if u have an xbox controller. its all about the parries and opportunities to unleash the RULES OF NATUUUUUUUURE

Fok it, I'll give it another try before I just go buy Dark Souls again because the PC version is broken and I'll actually have an easier time.

Edit: Yea I tried it again while paying attention to the little red blink, that helped a lot more than any tip or video I could find, and I got further in the fight this time, but I got wrecked by the fucking gecko that was called in.

Parry system just feels broke.

I'll press the stick in the direction of the attack, I'll also press X at the same time, WHILE it's doing the blink and preparing to attack, and I'll either A) jet in its direction trying to attack, or B) just not prepare the parry, period. Boss fight feels like it should be at the -end- of the game, wth was Platinum thinking with this.
    10/10 would regret purchase again, should've just bought Dante's Inferno.
    Last edited by GunZet; 03-14-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    <My comic

you can't parry the gekko btw. and naw parry isn't broken, plenty of ppl have s-ranked revengeance mode. hell i a-ranked it with the default hf blade, didnt even use the muramasa until the final boss. you have to push the directional stick and press x at the same time. u can't hold down the direction. you basically flick the analog stick in the direction u want to parry, and press x. its meant to root u in one place while u parry

No man, I do exactly that, and it only works for me partially. Maybe my reflexes aren't superhuman or something? Cause like I've said, I have BEEN press the joystick in the exact direction of the enemy, I've been pressing X at the exact same time, I've been watching it closely and paying attention to its moves waiting for the exact parry time (which seems to be a nano-second). The boss fight itself is just a weird ass out of place roadblock, I've given it a few tries now, and I'm done with it.

Oya, dunno about you but the gecko gives off those little red crosshairs the same way Bladewolf does, and I've successfully parried it a few times now.
    <My comic

well you cant stun the gekko, you can technically "parry" it. just watch his moves and closely discern between whether u need 2 parry or dodge. all i can tell u is git gud, and be glad it's not as bad as the jetstream sam bladewolf fight.

O god, there are worse fights?
    <My comic