Page 214 of 277 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2761

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

The new humble bundle is pretty good.

Good looking out, gotta get that lotr

fo sho, that's the whole reason I got it.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That feel when you already have 4/6 games and know nothing of the less interesting of the two.
    Looks like I'm dropping another hot dollar, been wanting to see what's up with Scribblenauts for a while now.

Edit: Oh... nvm, looks like I'm too broke to pay over the average. War in The North here I come!
    Last edited by GunZet; 11-05-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I didn't own any of the games, so I figured now was a good time to finally get the Arkham games.

Also I finished The Walking Dead the other day... probably the saddest ending to a game that I've ever played. I mean, Toy Story 3 garbage pit scene kind of sad.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Have you guys played Valdis Story or Rogue Legacy. Rogue is old news but Valdis is relatively new. Can't tell if Metroidvania is the new Arena Shooter.

And yeah, Walking Dead ending was...well I saw it coming from a mile away but I didn't expect the connection between those two characters to develop in such a genuine way that it would affect me. But it did.

played rogue legacy and weirdly enough saw valdis story like 2 years ago in development on some forum and was super surprised to see it actually finished

what's your opinion on RL?

I liked it a lot. It's what you might call a discipline game, like spelunky. The game is random enough that you can't survive on memorization, so you develop different disciplines that carry you through. In addition the procedural generated levels, though, you have the added curveball of having a random character which is brilliant. I didn't like the rpg elements at first, but I get it now. You have a reason to maximize your run, and also it sort of teaches you when to cut your losses. A death at one moment might potentially set you up for a really easy boss run.

I see. I liked it, too. But I didn't like how build-specific it was. The game definitely leans toward a few favorable classes. And as a person who's been challenge running Castlevania I guess I got used to the core challenge resembling more of an action game than a roguelike.