Page 150 of 277 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2761

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Erm, Quake III arena and Timesplitters weren't really? And both were awesome? I guess you can pin it down to different specific styles of games, but yeah.

Just saying that the setup in Hawken is sort of specifically designed so that such jerkish play is not just actively encouraged, but basically mandatory. And I'm not even saying that is a bad thing, I said it was growing on me. >_>
    Last edited by Regantor; 03-16-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Erm, Quake III arena and Timesplitters weren't really? And both were awesome? I guess you can pin it down to different specific styles of games, but yeah.
    Man idk if you're being for real right now but I'm sure you've seen this

Just saying that the setup in Hawken is sort of specifically designed so that such jerkish play is not just actively encouraged, but basically mandatory. And I'm not even saying that is a bad thing, I said it was growing on me. >_>
    That's good because running away in fps games is a lost art that needs to return.

Fine, you clearly know everything about all first person shooters ever. You win.

Was only expressing an opinion that it didn't fit the play style I've normally come to find successful.

play 2 win

This is an important thing to me because I have extremely poor reflexes and aim and need to find other ways to be successful at shooting games. You're making the same discovery because the starter weapons in hawken are shit.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I'm able to use the microwave mech with the starter weapons and come out on top most of the time with ease, and I hardly run away, instead I haul ass into a fight and jump-jet over other mechs while I'm chipping off their armor with the assault rifle, and dealing heavy damage with the TOW. The only things that are really a threat to me are the heavy mechs with fucking 1-hit shotguns and homing missiles.

I'm just sayin', you don't even have to run away in Hawken, just be aggressive because you know everyone else will try to run away, lol.

But the starter weapons still are shit, and look like it too.

EDIT: Man, I got to level 50 in the Bloody Palace on DmC, and those damn NINJA THINGS took me out. I had like a minute left! And they just killed me :c.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

gunzet are u playing shootmania

Yea I downloaded the demo last week.

That game is freaking -weeeeeeird- like nobody knows what they're doing lol, just SHOOT. SHOOT ANYTHING THAT MOVES.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Its p cool I like how minimalist it is.

Yea it is pretty fun, reminds me of the good ol' arena shooter days like Quake 3 or something. The UI is a bit confusing though, and a bit too complex for what the game is.
    <My comic

Well, there goes my resolution not to preorder anything.