Page 144 of 275 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2742

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

I think all F2P games should have a "buy the whole thing for some money" option like Tribes Ascend.

Yeah. I'm not sure it'd work with this game but basically you need a lot of currency to promote your units. Its 40, I think. You get between 5-7 per game you play.

Assuming you win. I've lost matches and received as little as 2.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Got Far Cry 3 a day or two ago. Good shit.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Tomb Raider is loads of fun. Every so often I wanted the characters to shut up, but other than that it's a good game.

I'm gonna hold off on Tomb Raider for now. While I'm interested in the writing, from what I've read, it looks like half the dev team wanted a survival game and the other half wanted an action game and they compromised badly.

My ideal game is pretty much Don't Starve + Skyrim. I was kinda thinking Tomb Raider would fit in there for awhile before I saw the gameplay.

It's odd that nobody has done the survivalist thing properly in full 3D, really...

I mean, Skyrim/Fallout 3 get sorta close, but you are still in a really full world full of questy quests. You literally can't starve even then. Metal Gear Solid 3 comes really close, with trapping proper animals and food and hiding from superior enemies and all sorts, yet the story still gets in the way.

Perhaps Minecraft is the closest example? It's certainly the only reason I can think of it as a good game, despite the general lack of content... DayZ is another one, I guess, come to think of it?... They are both only really "close enough in lack of anything else" examples, mind.

But anyway. Yeah. Somebody should do that.

Dwarf Fortress' adventure mode, with skyrimmy graphics, plz.
    Last edited by Regantor; 03-11-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Don't Starve is pretty much the only game I've played that has basically nailed that feeling of needing to survive day by day, and absolutely needing the necessary supplies. You also have to hunt, but sometimes you end up being the hunted. Night time is also an enemy you have to fight against, and if you don't- you die.

It's not fully 3D, but yea. If you want a game where you can starve in a few days, and basically fear for your/ the character's life day by day, Don't Starve is for you.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I fully expect to see a Kickstarter of a 3D survival/exploration game within the next five years. If not, maybe I'll pick up programming again and wing it.

Would playing DayZ by yourself kinda count?
    <My comic

Ying Yang Member
    What's the point of playing a game that tried to accurately simulate bare-bones wilderness survival? It sounds tedious and frustrating to me. Simulating starvation and fear for my life does not sound like an appealing virtual experience. But I might be wrong.