Page 137 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2761

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Watched the whole thing earlier, and tbh it was exactly what I was expecting.
    The new gen of consoles finally catching up to the PC capabilities of yester-year with the bonus of newer bells and whistle technologies.
    Also they never showed the console. Wtf, Sony. Show us the controller, not the console? Dirty.

I did find the Killzone 4, Infamous 3, and Watchdog presentations to be pretty badass. But more specifically Killzone.

But on the other hand I think they're adding in some really stupid gimmicks, particularly the PS4 sculpting. Really? It looks great concept-wise, but you're selling a gaming system, not a creative suite.

That's just my thoughts on it, you can bet your ass Microsoft's unveiling will be riding Epic's junk due to having no new flagship titles for a few years (Halo. Except for Watchdogs and Destiny, which they'll apparently share), plus Unreal Engine 4 (which was also seen in the PS4 reveal)
    That means they'll basically be starting from scratch unlike Playstation 4 which already has a few announced heavy hitters.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Metal Gear Solid HD Pack Version 5.0 PS4

They didn't show the console because they have to save something for E3.

I feel like the sculpting is just them still trying to appeal to the casual gamer, which they should realize Nintendo is king of and no one else should bother messing with it.

Yeah, that's what has me worried about Microsoft. The odds of them having any exclusive is slim, so they'll probably just be showing a new call of duty or something :/

That's what everyone gets for rushing out new games towards the END of a gen. It's like going out and buying a new phone that won't support the apps for the newest model released the next day.
    What Sony lacks in quantity, it makes up in numerous IPs, while MS has plenty of quantity, they're in a position right now where they're basically launching a new Nintendo system with no new Mario or Zelda games, lol.

Let's see who they get to be the backup face to kick things off. And PLEASE don't let it be CoD.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    That's just my thoughts on it, you can bet your ass Microsoft's unveiling will be riding Epic's junk due to having no new flagship titles for a few years (Halo. Except for Watchdogs and Destiny, which they'll apparently share), plus Unreal Engine 4 (which was also seen in the PS4 reveal)
    That means they'll basically be starting from scratch unlike Playstation 4 which already has a few announced heavy hitters.
    Your move Microsoft.
    Maybe stuffs to be made for deviants soon
    http://trnal.deviantart.com

I'm fairly certain CoD will be one of the games, they always show off the new CoD at E3 on the xbox.

But I'm really hoping they'll be showing a forza 5 too, maybe they'll get to show off a little bit more of Destiny too.
    Maybe there'll be some kind of miracle and Half Life 3 will release on PC and Xbox, so they'll be able to use that in their reveal. LOL yeah right.

EDIT: Also the prospect of being able to play any PS4 title on the vita is really enticing. I'm wondering if it's just within range of the PS4 or you could do it anywhere, my guess is the former but it's still pretty neat.
    Last edited by N_Top; 02-21-2013 at 01:35 AM.

I'm gonna bet they'll be showing gameplay of either Modern Warfare 4, or Battlefield 4 and Destiny. Unless MS has some kind of sleeper IP ace in the hole, Sony's left them in a tight spot.
    <My comic

I'm glad the next Infamous doesn't just
    SPOILER! :
    resurrect Cole

and starts a completely new story instead. The anti-establishment tone makes me yawn a bit, but I'm pretty sure Sucker Punch can handle it better than most.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'm getting a bit frustrated with Chivalry after playing it for nearly a hundred hours. Dumb bugs and horrible imbalance are finally taking their toll. If Stoneshill was the only map in TO rotation, I think I might be happier with it. All the rest--especially Hillside and Citadel--have major balance issues.

War of the roses is 5 bucks on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/War-Roses-Onli...dp/B008YIJCAO/

I had faith while you guys did 4 s and left...

About the new PS4, it's totally awesome (except the diablo III port) but i'm kinda worried about this "accessibility" thing. Do I really need to have super fast internet access all the time in order to play stuff? I somehow think getting this thing is going to clean out my pockets every month.
    Speaking of cleaning out pockets, i'm kinda paranoid about Destiny. It sounds like that's exactly what it's designed to do (still doesn't make it any less awesome)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet
    But on the other hand I think they're adding in some really stupid gimmicks, particularly the PS4 sculpting. Really? It looks great concept-wise, but you're selling a gaming system, not a creative suite.
    I guess sony always wants to push it's platform on all sides and appeal to every single person in the world. that's why they want everyone to think that their stuff can do any kind of entertainment tech's job. it was the same with the vita and all it's smartphone like apps.