Page 124 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2737

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

I need Deadspace 3... O_O

The new coop mode they've put in looks surprisingly playable, the idea of subtle story changes was also rather enticing

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Yea I was sketchy on the coop at first myself, but they've really done good on it. Like really done good on it, and everything else to boot. The new enemies actually surprise me in the different ways they morph.

Also got the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo on Xboxen. I don't really know what to think about it yet. Cutting shit is awesome though.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Co-op in horror games are always great because you get two modes to play: scary as shit (single player) or lots of humorous fun (multiplayer).

Agreed.
    Allthough one thing bugs me.
    In Dead Space 1 & 2 you used tools to fight necromorphs. In Dead Space 3 you use actual guns.
    Not to mention the fact that you have universal ammunition. In my personal opinion; that's very lame.
    One of the things that made Dead Space scary was that you had to conserve your ammo and had to make every shot count.
    I'm not saying it's not awesome that you can craft your own weaponry.
    i'm just saying that it would probably make more sense to stay in the whole idea of "improvising" your weapons.

I actually found the changeup very welcome, because think of why you had those weapons. Where were you in Dead Space 1-2? Where are you in Dead Space 3, and who's mostly there?

-That- is the reason we don't see many of the weapons used in the first two games. But with weapon crafting, you could easily make those again yourself, so they're still there, just not by default anymore.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I've never played Dead Space, but it sounds to me like the Silent Hill thing, where the control-orientation jump from Silent Hill 4 to Silent Hill: Homecoming was a jump from survival-horror to action-horror. Silent Hill 4 the most you could do is hope your character doesn't suck that bad at aiming. SH: Homecoming you get a third person shooter with dodges and rolling and grappling and a combat knife and cool poses and shit. Hell, your character even thought he was a war vet.

Dead Space has always been action-oriented. Sooooo.
    <My comic

Well you make it sound like it's making it easier, right?

It's not getting easier, it's just picking up the pace really.
    <My comic

I really want to play mobile frame zero