Page 121 of 278 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2780

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

AC3's multiplayer makes me sad. It's so fun when it works, but it has so many technical problems--e.g. lag will destroy the experience when a player starts rubberbanding and you were trying to figure out if they were a player or an NPC; when playing in a group with my brother, 2/3 times I'd get a message saying there weren't enough players to start a game, while my brother confirmed that he actually got into the game. On top of that, playing with friends is wonky in general and rarely works. Also, paying real money for customization options--a free-to-play mechanic--after you already payed $50 for the game, plus another $25-50 if you went deluxe? And CD keys for the game itself and any DLC pack, plus double DRM with Steam and Uplay? Real classy, Ubisoft. At least I don't have to be online to play single-player.

On a side-note, I actually kinda like Uplay's general design. Getting rewards for doing stuff in-game is nice, and that makes achievements actually mean something. It's nothing compared to Steam, though, and I wish I could just run my Ubisoft games without Uplay.

EDIT: 1000th post.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I hated AC3's MP SO much. I dunno, it was just stupid to me, being someone coming right out of Brotherhood's multiplayer, which I quite like.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Dmc is great. It even has small sections where you can't control the camera like nods to the old games or something.

Last edited by jubeh; 01-18-2013 at 10:22 AM.

You just disappear when we have to test my game )=

Sorry I didnt know how late you meant and I ended up playing dmc all night. We can do it today right.

okay )=

Beat dat dmc. Need to unlock dante must die, though ie the real game.

Going to post my thoughts and then I'll post more thoughts after I beat dante must die. Need to get through son of sparda first.

The combo system is as tight as its ever been. You have access to six melee weapons at once and 3 guns. Customization isn't permanent. You can respec whenever you want, but I think I'll be able to own all the skills pretty soon.

This thing I love to do: I use aquila and buy in, everyone gets sucked next to me -- I arbiter, knock everyone into the air -- Then rebellion step jump cancel into helm breaker over and over because its fucking hilarious to watch. If there's only one dude instead of buying in with aquila I'll stinger > trillion stabs xx into kablooey or ebony/ivory and then launch with rebellion. I always feel like I have a lot of options, though admittedly I miss being able to 'rev' my sword.

Dante essentially functions as his old self and nero since he can move to and pull enemies. He's missing some of the more outrageous moves from 3, but I didn't find myself really wishing I had them in the first place.

Out of combat stuff is... actually fun. Do you remember punching gyro statues and rolling dice as nero? All that stupid shit is gone. You're mostly platforming, though there is one puzzle at the end but it doesn't overstay its welcome. The platforming is modern sort of getting to point b from a as opposed to actual challenging platforming, but the environments are so gorgeous and it felt badass to do so I didn't even care.

What I don't like is the enemies that can only be hit with specific angelic or demonic weapons. Before you've unlocked all your moves and weapons all these dudes serve is to fuck up your combos. Even after you have all the moves there are only so many things you can do try and bring up your style rank with just the two weapons you're able to use. Did I mention you can't even shoot these guys? It's nuts, though not impossible in a lot of scenarios. If you're fighting a bunch of enemies, just make sure you're using the opposite weapon and rebellion on them, and save all the weapon specific attacks for the blue/red guys.

The story is good. Gave my heart a good rush at one point. The voice acting and mocap is insanely well done, but that's to be expected from ninja theory. Dante actually has an arc in this game and is a much more dynamic character. If what you liked about the old dante was his unashamed japanesey-ness its gone now sorry. I really enjoyed the ending, and I'm looking forward to the inevitable sequel.
    Last edited by jubeh; 01-18-2013 at 11:58 PM.

So i recently tried Dead Space for the first time.

It's pretty good. sure, it's not as scary as people claim (could have used some dark corridors here and there, and i can't lower the gamma for some reason.), fights with more than 3 enemies tend to get a bit tense (at least on hard mode), and the occasional jumpscare.
    I like the selection of weapons you're given, especially the Ripper, even though the Plasma Cutter is one of the most used weapon in the game.

I like the scarcity of the amunition (eventhough you can buy some extra at the shop, though that shit's pretty pricey), kinda reminds me of the first Resident Evil.

The enemies look a little too "human" in my opinion. sure they're reanimated and mutated corpses, but still, they've could have been made a little more unnatural to increase the scare factor a little.

Overall, a good game.

I'm kinda worried about the Third entry in the series though.
    Seen as it is more focused on action rather than survival, opposed to it's predecessors.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Try Dead Space 2 if you haven't. I personally prefer the first Dead Space overall, but DS2 did great with the more fucked up looking enemies, and it's a lot more tense, while the only tense moments in the first DS was when you have to go against the brute that takes out Hammond, and the regenerator.

Also I never really felt any of the DS games were about survival rather than action. Cause there were no points you were really like... struggling. As long as you had a few med-kits and a beefed up plasma cutter, you were good to go. The only survival part in any of the DS games was in the very beginning of DS2 where you're quite literally running for your life. That was awesome.

I'm a bit skeptical about DS3 myself, but I feel it's going to be a lot like DS2 with some DS1 mixed in, and that's not a bad thing really. The public demo comes out on the 22nd, so I'll see how that is.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Its the horror survivability. You see the horror genre is defined by the character's goal to survive (different horror genres might change this rule), and it end when the character empower himself/herself against the adversity. When you make sequel about it, you are using a character who already survived the events of the first game, so he is empowered, and this makes the sequel more action oriented than horror oriented.

Think it like this: in the first resident evil the characters had a really low expectation from zombies to appear (specially the ones you use), and so you weren't prepared for them (you have weapons, but it become more like "hey, you are in a old mansion with zombies, deal with it"), but ones more sequels come, more the characters were expecting for zombies, become more action oriented than horror oriented.