Page 97 of 274 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

If I had an iPad, Infinity Blade would be my first purchase. Too bad it'll probably never come to Android (then again, Sword & Sworcery wasn't supposed to come to Android either).

I have a gift copy of Sanctum if anyone wants it. It's like Dungeon Defenders and Orcs Must Die, but with sci-fi elements instead of fantasy elements.

Lastly, we finally got a date for when we're getting Internet. Next week Friday at the latest, most likely Thursday. So I'll start playing Chivalry and Counter-Strike and Planetside 2 and everything then. Mostly Chivalry. Feel free to join me. I've got nearly 19 years of multiplayer gaming to catch up on.
    Last edited by Matt; 11-28-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Hawken
    +Beautiful
    +Mechs feel heavy
    +Focus on team shooting
    -Get stuck on random geometry. Too much shit sticking out.
    -No autobalancing?
    -Leveling up and other f2p bullshit

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Hawken
    +Beautiful
    +Mechs
    +Customization
    -Get stuck on random geometry. Too much shit sticking out.
    -Physx. Why even include this in a game exclusively meant for competitive multiplayer?
    -Cockpit horizontal lag feels far too jerky atm.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I hated the cockpit lag at first but now I think its awesome. The whole game seems to be about anticipation and outguessing along with teamshooting. Also it gives you a viable reason to retreat. Turning around is extremely fast but turning to the side leaves you at an obvious deficit so its better to just cut and run, and really its your fault for getting blind-sided.

Isn't the customisation just for show, through, sans a few weapon tweaks? At least that's what I heard in a review thingy I seen. They said you could change the appearance of parts, but other than simply choosing a differant class, this had no effect on gameplay.

I'm not saying that every game has to be the same, but those mechanics were like some of the best parts of Mechwarrior, Armoured Core and Phantom Crash. Plus there was no real reason why they didn't include such things in Hawken other than instant gratification, which doesn't quite make sence since there is an entirely unrelated skill tree anyway...

Like I said, I'm going to buy it when it comes out anyway. That just strikes me as really weird and ill-fitting way to do things is all. x_x

Hawken will be

FREE. TO. PLAY. PEOPLE.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Isn't the customisation just for show, through, sans a few weapon tweaks? At least that's what I heard in a review thingy I seen. They said you could change the appearance of parts, but other than simply choosing a differant class, this had no effect on gameplay.

I'm not saying that every game has to be the same, but those mechanics were like some of the best parts of Mechwarrior, Armoured Core and Phantom Crash. Plus there was no real reason why they didn't include such things in Hawken other than instant gratification, which doesn't quite make sence since there is an entirely unrelated skill tree anyway...

Like I said, I'm going to buy it when it comes out anyway. That just strikes me as really weird and ill-fitting way to do things is all. x_x
    Each mech has like a "special move" like reduce weapon heat for a limited time or increase damage. You also have stupid skill tree things from levelling up and then you can customize your internal gear for bonuses here and there, though they usually decrease another stat. Also not completely disagreeing with you on customization being the best part of those games, but too many choices leads to the illusion of choice. Idk if you played the last armored core but if you weren't using one of the best builds then you... were pretty much playing a completely different game. A game I like to call spawn and die.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Hawken will be

FREE. TO. PLAY. PEOPLE.
    Really disappointing. Wish they would have just done a retail release.

Yea same here, cause then you could expect so much more from it.
    I did hear early rumors that it was going to be one of those pay-to-win kind of games what with people who pledged to whatever it was, I forgot, get special stuff.
    But I mean that's like 100 bucks, last time I checked. I'd rather just buy the game itself.
    <My comic

when are y'all gonna jump into some planetside 2. Blue is full of people who like running over teammates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

I bought Counterstrike: Global Offensive recently.
    anyone feel like playing with me?