Page 75 of 274 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Psychonaut ("old", but with an amazing art style that makes reference to jhonen vasquez), Trivian 2 (better graphic and a interesting and funny game), Grim Fandango (a great game that mix dia de los muertos from Mexico and the 20s, also older than psychonaut), Bad Mojo (haven't played, but Guillermo del Toro said that this game inspired him in his art style, so I guess its good to try) and Escape from Monkey Island (a pretty cool adventure game).

Dunno if DMC4 is considered "adventure", as its way more a hack & slash. But to be honest the whole genres on video games are just screwed up.

And about graphics: I don't know how many adventure games are out there with "good" graphic, but I'm pretty sure there are no many, specially because there is a preference over style than resolution.

I'll take a look at these games.

Well I know what you mean about DMC4, but I just generally want this fun adventure/hack'n'slash game with creative worlds and creatures, like Kingdom Hearts for instance. I dunno, I have a thing for these games because half of the fun for me is admiring the art while the other half is enjoying the fighting. Though I can't give a better example than Alice Madness Returns as the art style amazed me and the fighting was incredible fun, not to mention great graphics and the fact that I dig Alice In Wonderland.

EDIT: Is the name of Psychonauts's protagonist "Raz"?! That is too fucking awesome!
    Last edited by Shnorkel; 06-28-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Ya, Razputin.

I'm back on Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions for PSX. Bought the download for my PS3 Saturday I've been up to like 2am every night since. I love that game...

Hey Clock, do you know where I could actually get Grim Fandango from? I haven't found it so far

you wanna pay or pirate?

I'm happy to pay for it

Well, if you want to pay for it, it's going to cost a little.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=grim+fandango

But there are some CDs priced on 29 bucks and less. Still kinda expensive for such an "old" game, but I guess its okay, as there are no more new copies (they are not making mores, so this is why is hard to find, and the game is not to be downloaded). Also you might need a patch or something to play it now, apparently problems with window vista.
    Last edited by jubeh; 06-28-2012 at 10:00 PM.

hur thanks man. Yeah that is quiet expensive. I was hoping they would have done a digital release since its such an iconic game

it's seems that because the game is soo "old", they have problem to change it to new hardwares/softwares. I don't know how this work or anything, but apparently its already hard to run the game as it is now, and some people said there are many bug and glitch problems to work over it.