Page 72 of 277 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

please god no more voxel games

EDIT: also if you're using a full on language to program that game I hate and envy you; you write, draw, and program better than I do, and aside from academic shit those are my areas of 'talent'
    Last edited by Delphinus; 06-19-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

It's using GML (game maker's knock-off version of C++), the same thing that Jubeh used for king of punching, I believe. Been using it for quite a few years and I'm still constantly reffing tutorials, through. Hell, I only managed to make a PS1 grade kinda 3D thing in the middle of last year.

Also, for the record, I think that you are a better writer than me. >_>

Basically kinda faffing about now, through, really, so if people have ideas, feel free to drop me a line. An MT game team could be kind of a cool idea.

Yeah weird I dled silver knights, second age, and air drive again suddenly after playing gundam vs gundam. Now I want to do a mech game. But yeah modelling is whats stopping me I've never done it aside for some art references.

A proper post-apocalyptic mech game where you can just wander around and scavenge/build stuff is like my dream game. My current idea is basically just that, with a bunch of Megaman Legends / Virtual On / Battle Angel Alita ideas thrown in to make it maybe sorta not quite as impossible to make.

Also, proper modeling is a hyper bitch, especially in game maker. You need like three separate programs (One to model, one to make texturing not insanely hard, and one to animate in a FUBAR method that GM only sorta supports). Modelling levels themselves isn't too bad, through.

My vague level of skill, for shits and giggles;
    SPOILER! :
    (3D renders)

(A platformer engine I made last year. Note the fact that the top hat character guy is still just a sprite. Glitchy, but works.)

(My newest engine thing. Generates height-mapped levels from any image you throw into it. Takes ages to load because it does this every time you start it up, through.)

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-19-2012 at 08:16 PM.

I am thinking of doing something like mechwarrior on the snes so I dont have to deal with models

Gwah. I've played the gens version of the game you're talking about and everything, but isometric is such a pain to sprite. Good luck. x_x

Well right now the mechs are just cubes drawn in 8 directions. <_<

Also my mechs are just domes with legs so idk how hard it would really be.

They do really remind me of Metal Slug designs, come to think of it... Which I guess is a pretty apt thing.

Urgh I'm so frustrated the with programmer I'm working with for University. He wants us to design everything for him and then not make any changes, so he can just 'do it and not keep changing things'. He doesn't seem to understand about iterative design and testing X_X

Okay ya tried to do everything in mode7 to be true to the sort of snes vibe but its just so weird and 3d would be easier in every way so probably just gonna do that