Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recettear - Capitalism, Ho!

Recettear - Capitalism, Ho!

This is a cute little indie game that came out last year. You play as Recete, a young girl who (through a story involving a crazy father and loan sharks) ends up commandeering an item shop in an attempt to pay back her father's huge debt.

Gameplay is a combination of fast-paced haggling, market-watching (anyone who's played a trading game will be familiar with this) and dungeoneering. You can hire adventurers to delve into ancient ruins in an attempt to find rare and valuable items for the shop, or you can simply play the markets. You have 30 days of in-day time to repay the debt, so it's fairly fast-paced and you have to use your time efficiently. It's even more difficult if you want to see all of the plot arcs with the side-characters played out.

I recommend you buy this game from Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

I played that game, Until I got really bored and used cheat engine to cheat every single thing! OTL

I played the demo last year. I ended up not getting the full thing due to financial reasons, but it was a fun game. I loved the dialogue.

I love Recettear! I'm kind of bad at dungeoneering though, Stopped playing because it takes me so long to do the bigger dungeons. I'm hoping to finish it one day so I can see all the character stories.

The difference between
    Capitalism Ho!
    and
    Capitalism, Ho!
    seems rather large.
    Does that comma signify what I think it signifies?

I just finished the game.

Well, sort of. I failed the last payment. >__<

"Capitalism, Ho!" is Recette's cry of joy when she makes a great sale. On that note, my best sale was probably selling a Very Odd Vase to Aloutte for over 30,000pix (a 300% markup due to her richness and a run on valuables).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

I have tried to get through this game like four times and I always sort of quit at around day 22 or so. Not much of a struggle to make the payments yet... Maybe I'll finish it soon.

I think I had to try a few times to make it through all the payments, but even though I finished that bit I still play sometimes because I want to know what happens with all the characters. I found the paymenrs very stressfull D:

*Takes one look at the game*
    *Turns on cheat engine 5 minutes into it*

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Why did you guys cheat? The games easy-peasy if you just pay attention to the market ups and downs, and haggle smartly. I "finished" the game on the first try! I kind of stopped afterwards because everything else after is just dungeon crawling and crafting new stuff. Fun game. Get it if you can. C: