Opening Site Manga Contest
Hi all, I figured this would be the best place to put it. (Are contests outside of mangatutorials allowed to be announced here?)
We just opened up a site for people who love to create manga. The site is like mangareader and mangafox, but instead of posting published professional manga, it is for people like you who like to tell your stories and express them through manga. I just opened this site up, but since there is no content, I figured a contest is a best way to promote and introduce to you all this community.
First Place wins $200 dollars
Second Place wins $50 dollars
rules can be found at: http://www.mytakoyaki.com/contest/
Basic rules just so everyone knows:
***DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 13, 2011***
1. Manga Layout – Please make sure you use the standard manga sizes that we use here. and a Cover Page is required! Required Submission size is – 860(width)x1200(height)
2. Page Minimum – The manga must be at least 10 pages but no more than 50 pages. and
3. Theme – This must be a 100% original manga! And when we say original, it cannot be based off of any existing Manga. For example, you cannot submit a manga of your shinobi in the world based of Naruto and his characters. Other than that, this is an open theme contest. Any genre is welcome(except porn). not in 4koma setup.
4. Ratings - Please keep it PG 13. No over the top violence and blood or nudity.
5. Registration and Submission - Register your login and submit your manga, Add a new topic and post your manga link in the subforum Site Opening Contest Submissions and introduce your manga to everyone.
6. Read Layout - Any reading direction is fine. BUT please include in the description of your manga if this is a “Read – Right to Left” or “Read – Left to Right” so there won’t be any confusions.
7. Teaming Up - you may team up with others for this or submit as a group as long as you all agreed upon how to split the prize.
8. Artstyle - Color, B&W, grey scale is all accepted. Any medium is accepted. Any choice in style will not affect the judging or points.
9. Ownership - By joining this contest you agree that your manga is 100% yours, not published, and does not infringe or violate any third party rights including but not limited to the rights of copyright, trademark, privacy and publicity.
Thanks for your time!
Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er
I'm fine with the posting. Good luck with running the contest! You should try posting in DA (DeviantArt) as well if you haven't already.
I just did thanks i can't believe that hadn't crossed my mind lol
999 Knights Member
I'll do this. I need that $200.
One question, though: as it's a manga reader site, could the contest entries be counted as the first chapter of a new manga (I'm thinking about writing for your site)? Or would the contest have to be a one-shot entry separate from anything I might submit in the future?
it doesn't have to be a one shot..we want content to grow, so if its a first chapter, all the more power if you post more than one chapter, state in the submission forum that chapter 1 is your entry so there's no confusion.
999 Knights Member
Awesome. I'll get to work.
Does this mean if we participate out manga here, We can no longer offer it to any webcomic or magazines? or if it's already in some webcomic or magazine means that we can't participate it right?
or is it alright as long as we can prove that were the owner?
If you can prove it, then we'll accept it. In our contest thread, there's an agreement that whatever you're submitting is 100% yours. That also means existing ones. the purpose of the contest is more content so i'll accept it too. When you submit yours, just send us your sources that you are the creator on our submission forum section
101 Dalmations Member
Do we have to have a scanner to participate, because I don't have one but I can take pictures of my work if I'm able to?
the purpose of the contest(and our site) is to upload your own manga to the site as to for the site to grow in content, promote the debut of the site, and let people out there know. you can take pictures upload them as long as its easy to read and follows the rules of the contest.. But we'll accept any type of media. there is a size requirement for the contest though. shouldn't be a problem with cameras, phone cameras might be questionable.