Thread: Help!

Hybrid View

101 Dalmations Member

Unhappy Help!

I have this kinda of problem....When i draw my characters...i just draw the faces but when i want to draw the body of the characters...it looks kinda off...how do i fix that? And when i first make my comics....i just sketch out what i want into the panel and then when i finish that i finish the drawings but when i finish the comic..it dosent look like i want it. How do i prevent that from happening?

Fenn
    Draw with basic shapes first. Human bodies are mostly spheres and cylinders. That helps you keep proper proportions (I assume that's what you mean by off). Then details are added later.

Draw the shapes light so you can erase them later.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Try reading this: Anatomy Basics. It'll give you a general idea of the human body and proportions.

But in general, it is best to make at least the frame for the whole body first instead of drawing one piece here than drawing another piece there just like Fenn said. The frame of the body doesn't need to be anything fancy. You can use lines. Just as long as they mark the major parts and joints, you should be fine.

101 Dalmations Member
    okay thanks.