Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kasey's Art n' Junk n' Stuff (Sketch Dump)

Double post JUST BECAUSE OKAY!!?? D8<

I finally went out and drew Super Kasey lawlz. Anyway I would like some crit on this while it's still easy for me to change things. ALSO! Would anybody else like their MT personae in this pic with me? If so, post a ref for me! :3 Oh and that is SO a goddamn Pikachu in my sketchbook.

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Total_Loser; 11-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

I'm not very good with suggestions, but you've been nice enough to help me out, so there's only two things I'll say (which aren't gonna be helpful, because this is a sketch, not the finished product.)

I personally love whole thing: she's proportioned well, has unique clothing, and has personality in her expression. One thing I might be careful of when finishing up is the sketch book. It's a little tough to tell where the top spine is going to end up (the far "right" to us.) I love the pikachu.

The middle finger on her right hand (our left) is just a little thick looking, but I'm sure you'll fix that up when you get the actual outlines in. You do hands beautifully!

Only other thing isn't really a mistake, just a personal preference. I don't like to see characters cut off at that point in the legs. Usually, I either like the whole character, or it cropped a little higher (maybe high enough to still the book?) I dunno, just anytime I cropped like that, it was because I ran out of paper. It looks good in your drawing, but if feels a little incomplete. I'd like to see if you're (I'm assuming that's you? SuperKasey!) wearing super hero boots

Take it or leave it: like I said, I'm not very good with critiques. But it looks pretty fantastic to me! :3

Oh, and I can't count, it's three things (I'm like the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition---shouldn't have watched that last night.)
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Amazing picture, kasey :0

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKasey View Post

ALSO! Would anybody else like their MT personae in this pic with me? If so, post a ref for me! :3
    YES, draw baghead kid tagging along.
    Clicky-Clicky

to much cloth.

*smacks Clock* Jk, jk :'D I love you.

@BD: You know what, you're right. I might as well go ahead and draw the whole body especially because (you were right again) she wears these super awesome, bright red, knee high stiletto boots TBH I'm not sure what you mean about the sketchbook OTL If you could help me out that'd be great. However just you mentioning it I realized that when you hold them that way sketchbooks tend to bend, so I'll be going back in there and bending it away from the viewer a little to add some depth. Thanks so much for the input! And yeah my hands suck balls when in sketch form :'D I just clean them up when I start the line art.

@Joosh: You got it!
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

why so violent?! D=

Have you tried to make a super hero costume? (I have tried, and I find it so hard to make something that doesn't look like a latex custom but neither over complex like thousand of Kevlar jackets).

Also, draw me (if you can).

This looks superb, I love the detail on the facial features. (I'm not a big fan of the single line manga noses.) The only thing I'd like to point out that unless she's in the process of flicking the pencil she's holding around her finger it's not actually possible for someone to hold a pencil firmly that way. I tried myself.

Pete

ALSO! Would anybody else like their MT personae in this pic with me?
    HELL YES!!!! But since i don't have any uber cool super-hero personality's (yet) would you be kind enough to tell me do i have a day or two to come up with one?

Edit: Well here is what i could thought up for about two hours
    SPOILER! :

still don't look like a super-hero.......
    Last edited by Gedeon; 11-02-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Can I join to your league of the super cosplayed draws?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/foja9.png/

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Other than what Blue Dragon mentioned, I also noticed that the neck spine doesn't quite look like it would connect to the back spine (that is, the cervical and thoracic vertebrae don't line up in a proper S-curve). Other than that, I really like the forms you have. It looks so natural. And the red boots sound really awesome; I want to see them!