Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kasey's Art n' Junk n' Stuff (Sketch Dump)

Kasey's Art n' Junk n' Stuff (Sketch Dump)

Been back for a while now and actually had to think on if I wanted a critique thread or not. Part of me kept saying meh, whatever and the other part kept saying that I probably need it so here we are. Besides good critique never hurt anyone and hell it's always nice to get good advice and get better :3

SPOILER! :

A little something I doodled in the GB and which I would like some more input on. I notice a few things that are off or weird looking but I would like to know what you guys think.

SPOILER! :

This was painted in. . . August? I think.

SPOILER! :

This is one of the newer things I'm working on. It's a trade for someone on another site and currently pending approval before I move on to color it. Character belongs to the client. You guys catching any blaring mistakes?
    Last edited by Total_Loser; 02-08-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Really quick sketch of Marcus just because I wanted to see how he would look in action with a scarf rather than a poncho like I've been drawing him lately. I know scarves are a bit over-done but I like what it does for his movement.

SPOILER! :

Man, I want to play with that fluffy bit on his tail so bad :'<

You know what I like the most?

The faces xD.

I wouldn't change anything is most of the pics, I think most of those are fine just as they look. Some minor details you could look to see (and so to take decisions about the drawing) are (in picture 2) the contrast of light vs shade and (in the third) the wide of the arm (arm - fore arm section).

But I like your stuffs (you know it) and I like even more how have you improved in all this time.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I can see that you're improving with females. They no longer appear identical to your men, which is a huge step.

@Clock: Ah yeah I see what you mean. I tend to make my musculature a little wonky more often than not @.@ Thanks for the input! I'm glad you like my work!! <3

@Seefy: Thanks! Gah, you have no idea how glad I am to hear that :'> It's been a struggle. Thanks for commenting!

Yay you're back Iv'e missed your lovely art <3

fffff I love marcus

On the first pic: IT's pretty awesome, however her rear butt makes her back look twisted however, the legs are straight. and her undies seem a little off...

Pic two: Shadowing issues. If there is an explosion on the side of his right leg, then that would make a lightsource, although his right leg is darkened. and his chest looks a tad small to me.

Pic 3: you have the chest still a tad small, and he has an 8 pack, dunno if that was your intent

Pic 4: the front hoove looks a little off, then again, I actually owned a goat... hahaha.

Anyways, awesome pics

@Cloudy: Thanks :3 I lurve him too xD

@Maxx: Uhg the undies are driving me crazy @.@ If you or anybody else can show me a way of making them look right I'd really appreciate it. As for the lighting, yeah you're right xD I just didn't want to drown the character in light. I'll be careful of that from now on though. I don't know why my chests look small though :/ Maybe it's just the angle?? I dunno. Aaaaaand as for the eight pack, there are eight abdominal muscles, not six, contrary to popular belief. Behold! Thanks for the crits :3

I am guessing you are female, if youcan do this position, do it and look at your undies. if not, look through google for cirque du soleil cotortionists. I've seen a bunch of em do that move... but what made me notice it at first is that it's floating. in other words it doesn't extend to the other side of the body, making it look like it doesn't fully wrap the body.

You wouldn't drown the character in light if you use a gradient of light. What I mean is that the explosion is a bright light, so let's call that a 10 on the scale. The ambient light, that seems to come from overhead might just be a 8 or a 6, thus lighting him up but not being a main source of light. That way you get more shadows.

As for the chest: either my chest is way too low (I am a guy) or something is wrong, but my chest stops between 1/2 of my bicep and 3/4.. you seem to prefer putting it at 1/4 ish... And true that there are 4 abdominal muscle groups that appear as if there were 8, however the bottom two abdominals normally end up looking like one.

*Pulls down pants and looks in the mirror. Is wearing the wrong kind of panties.* D< Damn!

OH I thought you were saying that the chest area is too narrow! Silly me. Went and looked at some ref pictures of the male body and it seems to me that the bottom of the pecs line up anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 like you said. Guess it just varies from person to person. I still feel I'm in the realm of believability, but I guess dropping that plane down a little wouldn't hurt any.