Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peteman's art thread.

Which original drawing? I've taken nothing down.

He's supposed to be in the the motion of jumping over a wall and kicking somebody at the same time. This is partly why I drew the upper leg so strait. He would be looking at where his foot connects with the person's body.

ah I see. I thought remembering seeing a similar pic... anyways, if he is kicking someone, then there are two ways of drawing it.

If the person getting kicked is falling the same way as the character is jumping, then the foot be extended, the second foot would be bent, like you drew it.

IF the person getting kicked is falling away from the character, as if had being steped on by the character, then the foot would be flat.

The whole stance would also depend on where he is kicking the person, and how tall the person is.

Try sketching a quick sketch of the guy getting kicked to help.

I havent posted here for a while, thats not good.

At Hamachi's suggestion here's some posing practice work, done very quickly and sketchy, based off pictures I found typing 'Parkour' into google. I hope they are an improvement.

Then for the fun of it I did some of the same poses with chibis.

All comments welcome.

Pete

you have improved a great deal Peteman. Your anatomy and body mass movement has come a great deal. The only thing I see wrong here (as this is supposed to be a critique place) is that your fully drawn chibi's elevated arm has a slightly disconnected arm, in my opinion. Simply put, his torso's edge and the bottom of the arm don't line up, so it looks a little out of place. But it's an easy fix. just curve the torso's line from about half ways to the point at the bottom of the arm. Also his feet are both pointing towards the fourth wall (ie-the screen or the side with a lack of a wall if he was standing on a stage) wich is slightly unatural as his body and face are pointing to about my left shoulder. So his right foot (the one to our left) should also be pointing more that way. This occurs as humans tend to swagger their feet for ballence. (or at least that's my understanding of it)

Another deffinition of a term I used is:
    Body mass movement: A human body moves like a balloon filled with water rather than air. If the balloon is filled with air, the air particles, being weightless, don't alternate the balloons mass, however, as the mass of water is signifintly heavier than air, will streatch the balloon with a combination of gravitational pull and centripital force. The differance is that with the human body, we subcontiously choose where our stronger body mass is placed. While jumping, we can stick a landing or fail depending on if we put the weight in our feet or our head. We can also gain momentum this way. Centripetal force is used in jumping in a circle, over a wall or any motion that requires a spin as they require piviting on an axis.

Earlier I stepped over the line saying that "SuperKasey's redline is too horisontal". What I ment to say, is that in order for a human to jump a wall, as I often do, the mass of the body must not rely on the arm, as it needs to spin but also must have a greater weight in the hips or the feet in order to whip the body to the other side. This theory can be proven by looking at David and Goliath's fight, and David's style of slingshot. the momentum was created not by how strong the arm was, holding the whip, but by the fact that the arm was creating momentum for the mass, which would be the rock in this situation.

I believe that your current drawing of a guy jumping a wall, as well as the rest, is abiding well with this rule of physics.

I look forward to seeing your completed drawings and appoligise if this critique was incoherant or too long winded.

moon shark face sword clown dancer guy

It's been a while...I should draw more often...

In any case I am the happy owner of a new 'Bamboo Create' and 'Manga Studio Debut' from christmas and I've only just had time to try them out. They are both awsome! The results are for you to crit. He's been drawn off one of the guys from above and for the first time I was able to do the full 'drawing' process on the computer, instead of drawing him on paper, scanning it and meticulously drawing over all the lines on photoshop.

Erm the reason he has a moon head is because I found it impossible to draw a normal face at such an extreme angle, similarly with the hands...I hate drawing hands, swords where easier.

Known issues: the bottom foot looks like it's at an extremely odd angle, but if you flip the picture upside down it doesn't look so bad...

So C&C please! Thankyou.

Hey Peteman you should put your name in the title of this thread as per the rules

thanks

Request complied with.

Here's the same picture but with a strange background and shading.

Crits would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Psychidelic background O__o

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I think you should work a bit more on -focus-. I like the background, but it really does seem a bit too attention grabbing with this piece. The character sort of starts to blend into the background, I'd say because of a lack of contrast/darker colors on one or the other. Maybe you could darken the guy, or lighten/darken the background.
    I do like the perspective though, looks like he's falling into a freaky, LSD induced, vortex.