Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Francy's Art - Critique wanted - Some NSFW.

Aye I know :< My other half said it was quite amusing watching me erase and redraw the nose like three times before mouthing "Oh fuck it, I'll do it when I redraw it."

I definitely didn't need that line there, when I draw it and my hand went inward I was like "NO NO NO NO! D8<" Stupid co-ordination, so I tried to fix it and got that :<

It was my first time using copics so I had to try and go in reverse order with my colouring, which was tough. Since in digital, I start with darkest and work lighter. Whereas with copics you have to start light, work dark. My memory was like "LSBFLSBFVKSAEFA WHATAREYOUDOING?!"

I'm seriously trying and trying to re co-ordinate my hand. With my tablet it's been the worst;

haha see your making use of the body's in motion site, good good~ I say work on the feet and ankles next, they are kinda a bit thick and the feet need toes x3

I wasn't trying to learn feet or anything yet haha, I like doing the intricate things like that as a separate study. (Would've been too small to get all the detail in XD)
    Ankles bug me, just like wrists x_x

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    Wooooooooooow *0*
    Your anatomy is really good, I don't know what you're complaining about

I also have to mention to you that your fingers are slightly spread too far. The pinky is the deciding facter for me to mention this... it looks like it's comming out of the side of his hand, rather than the end of it.

But anatomy looks pretty bang on!

Yeah, I really need to get around to hands and feet studies. I'm always blabbering on about how my hands and feet (and faces -_-) ruin my drawings and yet keep doing bloody anatomy D8<

My co-ordination's slowly getting there. I'm away from my laptop today so it's good ol' memory sketches using all the construction lines in the book x_x This could go badly.

the best way I find to learn to draw hands, is to get a life drawing teacher ( I know I suck too, but I was good once, when I practiced with him until I couldn't anymore) get pictures from magazines and the internet of hands and set it up in a slide show, maybe 10-15 minutes per pic (ask your teacher, he will help with timing) then draw each hand, quitting only when you are done or the picture has swiched. you would be surprised how fast you can learn.

as for what you would need:
    A life drawing teacher (that sketches)
    A computer with images of hands in a slideshow
    A drawing tool like charcol
    A sketchpad
    Time
    Patience.

hope this helps

I wish there were life drawing classes near me :< I should ask around, someone's bound to know of one.

I'm gonna just take a crap tonne of random screencaps from all angles using pose-maniacs' hand viewer tonight and work on it on my day off tomorrow. Break down the structure and go from there. It's how I learned anatomy.

Today, I've just been working on my colouring. Need to expand my palette a lot though.

I definitely agree with working on the hands and feet. You can practice by using your own hands. You can sketch outlines and use geometric shapes before you fill in the details. I often do that, especially when I go to draw hands.
    I am so not typing anything interesting...

Well, i'd say your art style is pretty decent.
    however it's mostly just the same body and face with different hairstyles.
    not that it's bad or anything, but i have the feeling it will limit your drawing abilities a bit.
    have you ever considered drawing a character with a different bodytype or gender?
    because after all, variety is the spice of life.
    just sayin'...
    other than that, the anatomy is pretty damn good.