Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Francy's Art - Critique wanted - Some NSFW.

That torso is really long x-x
    It looks like the ribs end high up, then theres just a huge amount of emptiness, then the hips.
    But if you look in a mirror ribs and hips kind of meet with eachother, plus your elbows meet the tip of your hips too!
    Heres an example if Im kind of vague:

Nah, I agree whole-heartedly. I had a cousin with down-syndrome who died at 3. It's very offensive, and shouldn't be used: But don't let that keep you from working--you're not the one making inappropriate analogies.

Anywho, this one is starting out well. I can't do line-less art-so I give you extra kudos for that. The chest is looking really good, as are the arms and neck. Something you might change up a bit is his behind. Although he shouldn't be as curvy as a lady, his rump should curve out a bit:

This image has nudity, so I'm putting it in a spoiler:
    SPOILER! :

You may also want to space the legs apart a bit one you draw them in. That will help to balance him a bit.

You do an excellent job of defining the abs and pecs. I'd like to see this when you have the full image :3
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Bear in mind this was drawn last night, so my co-ordination has gone so far down the shitter it's almost un- salvageable. I can see it's long and I've gone beyond caring because I really don't see myself getting out of this.

My point is, I know where all of this is supposed to go, I was nailing it about 2 weeks ago. Now it's all gone, I can't even draw a head-shape or a torso properly anymore. I can't co-ordinate my hand, when I say "Go this far across the paper" it goes too far. I even had trouble writing something out today in work, my hand just skidded across the paper.

It's essentially that I've lost my hand-eye co-ordination, so to speak. I'm getting to a point that I'm reaching too far for things, missing hand-rails and all sorts. My other half thinks it's just stress and the fact that I'm pretty sick right now.

I'm hoping he's right -_-
    Last edited by FrancysPai; 11-30-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Lol give yourself a break!

I probably should :< I keep pushing myself a little too much. I should be enjoying this, not getting stressed over it.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Heh--? I honestly don't see what you're beating yourself up about. I think these things look good. Like I said, in art, you can't be on the up-and-up all the time. But You're really amazing (and I'm not kidding) at art for how long you've been at it. Some time periods will have leaps and bounds in progress, and others will be a little more slow-going. But as long as you relax, take it easy, and don't force yourself to do draw anything that gives you negative feelings toward art, it'll all work out okay. <3 Promise.

Check out this thread for some inspiration.

And as for the art, I think you just need to watch out for making the torsos too long. But the lineless coloring is coming along good, and what you've done in inking is staggeringly sharp (MINE IS ALWAY BLURRY, AUUUGH).

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    Heh--? I honestly don't see what you're beating yourself up about. I think these things look good. Like I said, in art, you can't be on the up-and-up all the time. But You're really amazing (and I'm not kidding) at art for how long you've been at it. Some time periods will have leaps and bounds in progress, and others will be a little more slow-going. But as long as you relax, take it easy, and don't force yourself to do draw anything that gives you negative feelings toward art, it'll all work out okay. <3 Promise.

Check out this thread for some inspiration.

And as for the art, I think you just need to watch out for making the torsos too long. But the lineless coloring is coming along good, and what you've done in inking is staggeringly sharp (MINE IS ALWAY BLURRY, AUUUGH).
    The thing that's getting me down isn't the lack of inspiration. I have a huge list of stuff I still want to draw and I know how I want to draw them too.
    The problem I'm having is my hand-eye co-ordination has gone lately. I don't know if it's because I'm sick or what. My wrist is in agony everytime I start drawing/writing. It has been for the past week or so, so it's not really obeying my head :<

And the lines, I zoom in really far and use around 1-3px depending where the lines are, I usually use around 1-1.5 for eyes.

With the torsos, it's probably because for a while I kept trying to do stretched forms, so the body is going to be longer, but then it's carried over to my standard ones -_-" Need to get rid of that. I was getting it alright, or so I thought, until this whole co-ordination thing started.

I meant inspiration, not as far as concepts/ideas go, but more like inspiration for improvement and artistic development. Just click it and you'll see.

If your wrist problems persist, you may want to see a doctor. You may have beginning signs of carpal tunnel or arthritis.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    I meant inspiration, not as far as concepts/ideas go, but more like inspiration for improvement and artistic development. Just click it and you'll see.

If your wrist problems persist, you may want to see a doctor. You may have beginning signs of carpal tunnel or arthritis.
    Either of those is extremely likely. Arthritis runs in my family at the wrists and elbows and I work in a job where I'm doing the same repetitive motions with my hands (bakery lololol) over and over all day. That on top of gaming probably doesn't help let my wrists rest.

I just lost a lot of motivation this week when my wrist problems started because I tried drawing and just outright failed.

Give it a break for a little bit. It may help. And carpal tunnel is caused by vigorous, repetitive motion that wears down on your tendons. If things like that run in your family, I'd keep an eye on it. Prevention is the best policy, because being safe and healthy keeps you happier. That, and carpal tunnel problems create permanent nerve damage if not dealt with correctly.