Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Francy's Art - Critique wanted - Some NSFW.

I tried going back to it and concentrating a little better (I should be sleeping)....results?

you know the character in and out. however, your ear is a little low. An ear is between the nose and the eye.... Top of the lobe at the top of the eye socket and bottom of the lobe at th bottom of the nose. (at least mine is)

So your ear should be a little higher. But you know what? every alterating part of his facial anatomy is bang on. in other words, the shape of his nose, his lips, his eyes, hair, and whatnot.

However, if you are tired, it's always best to sleep it out. Stress plus lack of sleep is murder to the art world.

We'll be here when you get up and back to art. So don't worry and don't rush

ID say more proportion practice. It seems that you make your head's quite a bit small, compared to their bodies(especially when compared to their hands. A persons face should be as big as his/her hand)
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I'm aware of how proportions should be. This is why I'm getting so frustrated. Is because I KNOW and yet I can't get it right. Ever.

If you're having trouble executing what you're viewing, you might try tracing some of your favorite bishounen characters, and various poses. I found that when I couldn't do a certain position, I just traced it a couple (uh...a couple hundred) times and started to get the feel and memory of it in my hand. Tracing never a bad thing to help learn--all the greats way back when copied off of their masters. That's how they go so good (only now it's much easier to trace, I would suppose.)

Hope that helps. You're doing fine! Especially for just starting a couple months ago--you must have a natural talent to be so far along.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Quote Originally Posted by FrancysPai View Post
    I'm aware of how proportions should be. This is why I'm getting so frustrated. Is because I KNOW and yet I can't get it right. Ever.
    You are indeed, but not about placement. As I see it you are trying to much to fit the draw in a style and you are not discussing the style with yourself.

When you draw you need to make questions to your self, ask you "Does the eyes distance is good?" or "Is the face to long?" but when you are enclosed in a style you are not making questions, you are just trying to fit what you can in it. My advice is to use guide lines, to draw-delete-draw and to ask your self what looks off, what is wrong and what do you want to achieve.

Vega's face look off because you did a very strong jaw, the eyes are to much up (kinda in a down syndrome way) and the ear is to low. This obviously shows that you are not using guide lines or you are not using them properlly.

Work with the skeletal part of the draw, work with muscles, with bones, with structure, work with placement and work in retrospective of your work.

PD: I got a pm because a kid wants you to get encouraged, I say "fuck you both". Him for asking just a stupid request and you, well I wouldn't say "fuck you too", but if you are having problem then you already should feel encouraged, there is no point in drawing if you have mastered everything. Problems are a delight.

Okay yup, I definitely quit.
    That's the second time now someone's referred to how I draw eyes as down syndrome. I give up. Not only do I take offense to that because it's a horrible thing to compare something to, but I really don't want to hear it.
    I can take critique but that is the LAST thing I want to hear.
    Say they look off, could do with a bit more definition sure, but saying that is extremely upsetting.

Man, don't listen to Clock. He sometimes has trouble saying what he means appropriately. You're not doing bad, and you shouldn't quit just because of someone's comment. You've got talent, and can really push yourself to do some awesome work--just keep practicing! I've liked looking at your stuff, though I haven't really commented much.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dragon View Post
    Man, don't listen to Clock. He sometimes has trouble saying what he means appropriately. You're not doing bad, and you shouldn't quit just because of someone's comment. You've got talent, and can really push yourself to do some awesome work--just keep practicing! I've liked looking at your stuff, though I haven't really commented much.

I'm just very....sensitive about THAT analogy in particular.
    There was seriously nothing wrong with saying "Lower your eyes a little bit, they're a tad too high." the rather offensive analogy was un-needed.
    What if there were people who visited this forum who had children or family/friends with that condition? Pretty sure they'd be upset reading that. I know I was.

This is pretty much all I've mustered since this co-ordination issue settled in;

Attempting lineless colouring;