Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Francy's Art - Critique wanted - Some NSFW.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Don't force yourself to fix them. You could always just keep the knowledge in the back of your mind for future pieces.

What Cype said.

Also, don't get upset D'8 I know drawing is really hard and it can be discouraging when you put your work up for critique and don't exactly get the response you were looking for. Just suck it up, learn from it and apply what you learn in the future. Honestly I wouldn't have known you'd only been drawing for a few months. I would have guessed a couple years. So seriously, don't get so down on yourself. You're off to a really great start :3

I don't know, I have really high expectations of myself.
    I mean, I drew this on my first week of drawing, it's driving me absolutely insane because I want to go back and redo it with my currently knowledge now, see it it goes:

http://francyspai.deviantart.com/gal...12882#/d49n4z8
    I just feel like i'm really behind everyone else and not really making improvements as I step along.

Don't compare your self with other people, you should only compare with your self (zen moment). And its normal to find some draws (specially olds) bad or not enough for you, this happens specially the more you draw and the more you look at them, but the good side of this is that if you spot your problems, you can fix them and by better.

So keep drawing.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Since 2006, I have acumulated 4 sketch pads (on my fifth) where the first one is a big thick book. Although I am only proud of maybe 5 total, I treasure each one. Even if I would redo a picture cause it looks that bad that I am ashamed of being the artist, I always see pride in it cause those were my roots. Each attempt at art, each failure, each success... they are all steping stones to who we are destined to become. (I used the word destined since who we are infulences our art). I could go on, but this isn't the place for an autobiography. Just keep in mind that no matter how bad the first drawing you did was, it is the foundation to the art you will do today.

I just reread your previous posts, and I found this one, so forgive my doubble post

Quote Originally Posted by FrancysPai View Post
    Which image?

II'm scared of experimenting because in my first two weeks everytime I tried something new, I'd get someone have a royal fit at me about it. No "You shouldn't use this because x, y, z" but more "DONT DO THIS EVAAAARRR!". So I've been super scared to try anything now. I haven't really drawn much over the past week because of it >_<

I'll try and fix everything you guys pointed out, but I'm lacking a ridiculous amount of motivation (especially after being told on another forum that all of my faces make them look like they have down syndrome. Laugh all you want, it's still upsetting.)
    Art isn't a thing about how to do. There is not one single way to do art. There are billions. We might tell you where your art looks abnormal, but if you think about it, a man took a rectangle and a star shape and created one of the "best" cartoons of our time. So don't be affraid of experimenting in art. There aren't any methods or means that you can do that will make us disown you as our fourm friend. We are here to support and help, not hinder, cripple and handicap.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. On another note, I started this yesterday (Ignore the colouring, I'm starting on the bases, this is usually how most of my skin looks before I go to town on it and really hit the shading and highlights, hair too I'm still playing around)
    Only thing I want focus on right now is both anatomy and Vega (Blonde one)'s eyes. I want them to be looking down and I have no idea how to be doing this, they look like theyre staring off... Any tips?

SPOILER! :

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Yay YAOI!

Hello its me the creepy gay dude of MT.
    Are you using reff on this pic? iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiif not
    SPOILER! :

This might help with you wanting him to be looking down. Just change the head and it should work.
    I couldnt find this exact pose in a real refference BUT I SURE HAD FUN TRYING!

Yaoi is pretty much all I draw XD. I wish I could draw girls, then I'd be bringing the yuri and futa out swinging, but alas I suck at drawing tits and even moreso hoo-hahs.

I wasn't using a reference, no XD I was trying my hand at drawing without one haha. Needless to say I think it went bad.
    I think I get where you mean, a lot of it probably has to do with the pupils and eyebrows to be honest XD

Felt bad for not drawing my OTP since my avatar pic, so this just kinda happened hahaha

Excuse the double post but this is pretty much where that image is leading;

SPOILER! :

Does anyone have any good kissing references? :<