Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Francy's Art - Critique wanted - Some NSFW.

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    Ah I see, sorry for the misunderstanding. That seems to be quite a restriction. If you do better with red and blue then maybe you can do more with a red or blue monochromatic painting? That could be a good substitute for gray scale value training.
    But I would need to have an understanding of where the shading goes first :< I don't know how I'd be able to do that unless I could colour tint a gray photo?
    Or would this not have any effect?

That would work fine, working from photos or real life is almost always good. For value studies, I would recommend using movie frames as they have been edited to have optimal value ranges. A really good method that some professionals use is to choose a photo that has the value range and colors they want in their picture and then pick their colors from it. Maybe doing something like that would help you.

If you are having trouble determining where light and dark areas fall, maybe you should try to do a few pieces where you only work with black and white. Then you have to focus on correctly placing shadows to define features instead of worrying about what shade or color goes where.

I believe I started doing something like that at 3am this morning hahaha.

Something like this?

http://twitpic.com/7sz6rd

Yep, pretty much exactly like that. If you wanted, you could simplify it even more to only using white and black (or you can substitute any other color that you like for black). But you're definitely on the right track with what you're doing in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    Yep, pretty much exactly like that. If you wanted, you could simplify it even more to only using white and black (or you can substitute any other color that you like for black). But you're definitely on the right track with what you're doing in that picture.
    I'm trying to keep going with that. That image up there is definitely gonna be more cel-shade than my current one.

It went from like...this, to which my friend reminded me that his pecs are looking more like bewbs because Male pecs go out whereas female boobs curve in;

To this;

To this (Ignore the face, I havent started it yet...haven't finished the body either but MEEEEHHH! I'M GETTING THERE D8<)

Speaks for itself'

Excuse the troll face.

yay you drew a penis!!!! sorry but most people I've seen try to avoid that, so I am kinda happy to see a guy who's not "missing his manly"....

Anyways, your wrists seem too big. that part of the arm (I can never recall if it's called the forarm or not) is designed like a deformed teardrop. The point of the teardrop is in the hand and the round butt end is at the elbow. That's the base shape I use to start that part of the arm. However how he is standing, the deformed part would be along the outer "wall" (the side of the arm furthest away to the body) since that's where the bone would be. This would be flatter as there isn't much, if any, muscle over the bone.

Also, your arms are making your hands way too big. A hand (I believe Gedeon told me this but sorry if I got the wrong guy, just want to give proper koodos) should be the size of your head.

Thirdly, I dunno how he was made in SF since I honestly don't remember him (although Akuma is my number one guy followed by Ryu) but males tend to have different hand orientations than females. Let's see if I can explain. A girl's hands naturally sit like you made Bison's hands, as if he was holding an attachee case. However, males tend to have the thumb pulled more towards the body, as if he was holding a motorcycle handle... like this http://www.expertboxing.com/wp-conte...ing-stance.jpg rather than http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=woman+...:429,r:11,s:64 (I know she looks nervous, but it's hard to find a common woman naturally standing straight. When we swing our arms, we maintain that angle, making men seem like we backhand the air.

Koodos on the dick though, you're really good at that, however I think the balls could be a tad looser (add a U rinckle behind the did, just popping out on both sides)

hope that all helps

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Wellington View Post
    ylots of stuff
    I was oddly going off my own hands as far as pose goes. As for the hands, I've been using Hide as a reference and she does pretty much the same thing -_- larger than head hands. for some reason, I feel it suits him. He's not really meant to look all that human.
    I've noticed the wrist problem, gonna fix it after work.

I'll try and work on it, hands are still a huge problem for me.

I've avoided drawing it for a while since it gets my stuff either reported or people complaining about spoiler tags.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I knew I would regret coming in this thread. Good art. Good coloring. See if you can find a life drawing class, that's fun. Use spoilers. *head-desks*
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.