Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Francy's Art - Critique wanted - Some NSFW.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancysPai View Post
    For line-work only. I don't get along with the colouring tools at all.

@Maxx; I ruined it when I started colouring it :< The lineart looks so much better.
    Don't say that. you didn't ruin it, you just changed it... you can never ruin art. So I don't want to hear you saying that anymore ok?

As for what happened, I think I might understand what changed his nose. I think while doing the nose, you might have concentrated on the bridge a little too much, so when it came to adding the nostrils, you tried to fit it on the bridge rather than putting them beside the bridge. Try putting them to the side next time, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Wellington View Post
    Don't say that. you didn't ruin it, you just changed it... you can never ruin art. So I don't want to hear you saying that anymore ok?

As for what happened, I think I might understand what changed his nose. I think while doing the nose, you might have concentrated on the bridge a little too much, so when it came to adding the nostrils, you tried to fit it on the bridge rather than putting them beside the bridge. Try putting them to the side next time, see what happens.
    I'll give it a shot. It's gonna be fun colouring the shirtless version.
    I have loads to do. I'm trying to do 3 Final pieces a month. I so far haven't completed one -_-"

I know this may be as severe as blasphemous to ask of you but...............would you try drawing .....anyone else then Bison and Vega......?

please don't kill me......
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Bang Bang Gedeon... jk

you know Frances Pai, Gedeon might have a point. it seems that your problems generate the same way over and over. This seems to be causing an artist's block. Drawing other people, like Leona Heidern or Akuma would really help you get past these walls and give Bison and Vega a whole new perspective, aspect, life and feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    I know this may be as severe as blasphemous to ask of you but...............would you try drawing .....anyone else then Bison and Vega......?

please don't kill me......
    I already do this. I just don't post them.

Last edited by FrancysPai; 12-13-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Oh my bad! I just thought since you were having a rough time drawing Bisons face, that it would be good for you to draw something else.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    Oh my bad! I just thought since you were having a rough time drawing Bisons face, that it would be good for you to draw something else.
    Nah, I do draw other characters, it's just trying to perfect Bison and Vega is my goal right now....mostly Bison though.
    One of my friends has been helping me out a lot over the past week. He helped me realize why I don't like my Bison sketches body-wise.
    (I'm drawing him too in proportion, is that makes sense. Bison's build like a brick shit-house, especially in the chest and shoulders, but has a skinnier waist and legs. I wasn't quite getting this until he said that and I looked at my other half's optimus prime figure on my shelf and was like "So he's like Optimus, in a way?" XD)

Quote Originally Posted by FrancysPai View Post
    Ive had that flung at me more times than I can count and it seriously doesnt help me. I understand shading better in colour having tried monochrome several times.
    Hmm... not to offend but you've admitted that you've only been drawing for three and a half months. I can't imagine that you've been able to practice value paintings enough to really get much out of it. It stands to reason that if a lot of people are suggesting it, maybe it's worth working at it for a while. You really should work on your values at some point though, I think it'll really help improve your art and make it look less flat.

If that's too much of a bother though, you can always convert the painting to gray scale to see exactly how your values are while still painting in color. In Photoshop this is really easy to do - just create a top layer that is usually hidden and change it to "Saturation" then fill it with black. You can toggle the layer on and off to see the image in gray scale. I'm not sure if GIMP has the same option or not but I know SAI is a bit more of a pain, since you have to convert the whole painting to gray scale and then undo it to check. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    Hmm... not to offend but you've admitted that you've only been drawing for three and a half months. I can't imagine that you've been able to practice value paintings enough to really get much out of it. It stands to reason that if a lot of people are suggesting it, maybe it's worth working at it for a while. You really should work on your values at some point though, I think it'll really help improve your art and make it look less flat.

If that's too much of a bother though, you can always convert the painting to gray scale to see exactly how your values are while still painting in color. In Photoshop this is really easy to do - just create a top layer that is usually hidden and change it to "Saturation" then fill it with black. You can toggle the layer on and off to see the image in gray scale. I'm not sure if GIMP has the same option or not but I know SAI is a bit more of a pain, since you have to convert the whole painting to gray scale and then undo it to check. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

What I mean, is that my eyes have a very hard time differentiating grays. I physically cannot see differences unless it's like, liteally a white, mid-grey and black. 3 tones. Anything more I really can't tell the difference.
    So no, it doesn't help me.
    I see better if it's in coloured shading. My eyes struggle with greys, but if it's in different tones of colour, I can deal with it. It;s why when you see some of my studies, if it's not in colour, it'll be in blue/red tones. Because I can see them.

Ah I see, sorry for the misunderstanding. That seems to be quite a restriction. If you do better with red and blue then maybe you can do more with a red or blue monochromatic painting? That could be a good substitute for gray scale value training.