Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Francy's Art - Critique wanted - Some NSFW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Baron View Post
    however it's mostly just the same body and face with different hairstyles.

It's because it's fanart of two characters from a series...

Why is Bison so hard to make pretty at the same time as still retaining "him";

Francy do you use Paint Tool Sai?

pretty nice there Leona Heidern, however the right collar shouldn't come in that much. Fabric would be uncomfortable if it had that much sabalizer or starch in it to hold it like that. Also, due to the bend, I would add a little curve in the corner of the left collar. your eye looks a little half dead. As for the nose, it seems strange that the nose isn't more than the bridge. Even Angalina Jolie has two nostril loops to the side, adding more shaddows and deffinition to the sides of the bridge. I think that will help make him look more manly.

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Francy do you use Paint Tool Sai?
    For line-work only. I don't get along with the colouring tools at all.

@Maxx; I ruined it when I started colouring it :< The lineart looks so much better.

Hey Francy, I just thought I'd add a quick suggestion for your coloring woes. I think it can be pretty difficult to just paint straight in color. A lot of professional artists will paint in grayscale first so they can get their values correct and then add color to it afterwards. Maybe you could try painting using grayscale or in a monochromatic color scheme at first and then move onto full color. Just a thought.

Ive had that flung at me more times than I can count and it seriously doesnt help me. I understand shading better in colour having tried monochrome several times.

I way prefer my lineart x_x

I really like you're sketch, I really like the expression on his face and though I'm not a big fan of beefy guys your anatomy is really good and you seem to have a way. I find it interesting making a character like Bison sensual. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancysPai View Post
    It's because it's fanart of two characters from a series...

Why is Bison so hard to make pretty at the same time as still retaining "him";

but to answer your question I think the no pupil (or iris) thing is kind of why, like he would look more "pretty" if he were looking at us like a "come hither thing" lol but since thats just how he is it will be difficult, I know that doesn't help you but thats just what I think.

hmmm...
    the head looks a bit odd.
    where you trying to draw it in prespective?

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Baron View Post
    hmmm...
    the head looks a bit odd.
    where you trying to draw it in prespective?
    I was trying to draw him looking up and to the side. It's not a perspective that I'm familiar with (I havent been drawing all that long, like, 3 and a half months. so I havent had chance to explore everything)

As for making him sensual...he was kinda supposed to be more sad than sensual but eh *shrugs*
    I had a really long conversation with a close friend who's an artist too and he helped me understand more last night than the critique that I've received like...ever.