Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Francy's Art - Critique wanted - Some NSFW.

There is a decent kiss at the end of the little mermaid that stayed in my mind for art refferance, however kissing seems to be as much a signature as any manurism. IE: everyone does it differently. Some use more toung, some hold their partner's head. some kiss higher... And it also depends on the type of kiss... romantic, flirty, lustful or making out.

As for how I refferance faces, I draw the gyst of the head, like a stick figure, then I draw a line from the eye to whatever I want them to look at. If you want vega to look at his lover, then draw a line from Vega's eye position to his lover's head. Then adjust the head and body accordingly. Actually physically going into the position helps with muscle stress and comfort.

My suggestion for this paticular picture is to propt Vega on two pillows along his back, arching him so that his shoulders, neck and head are upright. That seems like the most comfortable position. Otherwise, you could keep his position as-is, raising his chest a bit, (which will reajust the position of the head) and rolling the eyes up to make a sence of pleasure, as an alternative.

As for his lover, (sorry I don't know his name) He seems to be hovering on the body as if not actually between Vega's legs. Allow the fat on his chin to interact with Vega's waist, or even tilt his head straighter aligned with Vega and draw his lips conpressed on Vega.

That's all the help I can think of with positionning. As for the pants, I was taught never to actually use black as a colour. Use 80% or 90% grey to allow for shadowing. This will also help to understand what's going on down there.

Thanks for the tips. His little boyfriend's name is Bison XD (Yeah, I ship weird pairings.)

I've just started discovering the grey vs black thing for clothing when colouring my halloween image. Looks so much better starting off under grey and working on it.

I actually feel like I've drawn Bison's back wrong. I'm still really terrible with drawing backs :< I always seem to place the shoulderblades completely wrong and I feel I shouldn't really be able to see his other arm. But then he looks too skinny without it (He's supposed to be bulkier than Vega).
    I figure I need to make it look like he's actually kissing his stomach as opposed to hovering haha.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Ahah--wait hold on. This is an M Bison and Vega pairing? Oh snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Ahah--wait hold on. This is an M Bison and Vega pairing? Oh snaps.
    Yeah, I've shipped them since pretty much a week after their alt.1 costumes were released :< I saw the relationship chemistry in the Udon comics and just how they are in general, then Bison's alt 1 came out with the ripped up clothes and hanging down bangs (Hence he looks that way in all of my images) and I threw them together.
    I've never had so much fun and flames with fanfiction in my life XD

ok I am about to suggest another really crazy scheme. I am assuming you are a guy in a house, or appartment, so this method will work awesome: Kiss a wall.

The theory behind it is that your actions to kiss abs and to kiss a wall is the same thing. Your nose will get in the way a bit and you will compinsate by puckering your lips slightly and possibly tilting your head. Notice the way you kiss the wall and how your facial muscles move. Then use that as a refferance. That will help with Bison's hovering lips.

As for his back, it looks like you are trying to give him a profile view as Vega has more of a 3/4 view. Try matching views to help, If not, remeber that his back would be curved, in a way to stretch the back muscles and reduce the deffinition in the back. But anatomy isn't my strong suit.

Blaaaaahhh

SPOILER! :

Why there are so many draws of my abs?

(and why my third leg wasn't drew)

I like the draws, but the continuity between body and face doesn't convince me. Try to lower a little the eyes, pull less distance between nose and mouth (not to much) and lower the chick bone a little (I think this could help in the 3/4 face). And well, try to experiment with the face elements and the face structure (I dunno I find way more useful to experiment).

Ive been trying to improve my faces, since I really just can't draw them for toffee :<

Try to use guide lines (I don't know if you do, but if you do, try finding new patterns). When you start with the face structure in the guide lines, you can modify the final result through changes on the guide line (from this first step in drawing is where you start making decisions according to your final goal in the draw).

Heard you got face problems ITs pretty good to know how faces work, cuz if you don't it might be hard to make your drawings look diffrient. You alredy know how to make faces diffrient with subtle details like eyes and dimps in faces. But since im an egomaniac and i think that i can help you(t least a little bit) with facial anatomy, im gonna bore you to death with this little advice('s)

1) Draw a basic head sketch
    2) Make a vertical line over the face(depending on where you want your face to look at)
    3) Mark the top of the head and the lowest point(chin)
    4) Right in the middle of the vertical line draw a horizontal line that folows the circle behind it, that's the place for your eyes (Eye-line )
    5) In the middle of the toppest point and the "eye-line" is where you make your "Forhead-line"
    6) one third of the space between the forehead-line and the eye-line is where you put'em bushy brows

(now for the lower part of the face.....yes i know im boring....)
    7)the middle of the the eye-line and the lowest line(chin) is where your nose will be
    8) and for the last your mouth goes on one of the third's between the chin and the nose. BUT that's the so-called "perfect face"! People are recognizable because their faces strike away from the "perfect face" and that's what characteristics are (look at bison and vega, Bison is short'n'bulky and vega is long and slim).....but that's a whole other story and i've jabbered long enough Hope this helps.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.