Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Art of Snow

It doesn't even tell him about muscle structure and arm and leg forms. You know, the beer glass for the forearm and shin and cups for the leg and arm? The cylinders for dynamics? All these simple things you omit, yet they are what he truly needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    It doesn't even tell him about muscle structure and arm and leg forms. You know, the beer glass for the forearm and shin and cups for the leg and arm? The cylinders for dynamics? All these simple things you omit, yet they are what he truly needs.
    I dont disagree that he will need to learn a lot more but it is a start. I can explain the human body in one simple tutorial but this will help him.

Do an anatomy tutorial! Overload his brain with information, make him want to constantly refer to your tutorial for all his drawings!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    So, i took your advice and started a tutorial series on my site to explain the structure and proportions and manga figures so everyone can learn how to draw manga. I will be adding more and more tutorials on how to draw manga.
    Last edited by HowToDrawItAll; 11-04-2011 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowb400 View Post
    Hey guys, I feel I've come a long way from disproportionate attempts at Kakashi drawings, but since I still have much to learn, imma start a critique thread. I know this one's terrible, and it's my first attempt at art with a tablet, but... at least I actually put my tablet to use for once!
    Here it is.

Im starting a series of tutorials on my site for this issue. I wrote this for you. I will be adding more and more tutorials on how to draw manga.

http://howtodrawitall.com/how-to-dra...d-proportions/

hey GO SLOW NO NEED TO RUSH....just learn to walk before you RUN....
    go through easy and basic tutorials....... JUST FOLLOW SIMPLE WORDS WHAT WE SAY TO YOU........AND YES SO FAR WHAT WE SAID TO YOU JST PRACTICE THAT........,...
    AND YES IF YOU WANNA DO SOME fanarts DO IT.....(not neccessarily required, but HELPFUL)
    but this is how i got improved a little bit.....

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDrawItAll View Post
    Im starting a series of tutorials on my site for this issue. I wrote this for you. I will be adding more and more tutorials on how to draw manga.

http://howtodrawitall.com/how-to-dra...d-proportions/
    Nice! This oughta help him!

I invalidate your point with better proportioned drawing.

You are definitely showing improvement! I like that you are listening to people's critiques--it's reflected in your work.

Things I like:

You're putting in detail on his weapons and armor.
    I also like how creative you've been with character design--he's go personality.

Keep at it:
    You're doing well, so keep working at the body proportions. The back of his head should be a rounded a bit more, and curve in then move out. I'm posting this just to give an idea (hope it helps.)

Backside:

You're doing good! Keep up with the practice! :3
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

I can tell you have a creative spirit and an eye for detail. That is a very, very wonderful attribute to have because it will make it easier for you to improve later on.

For now though, as you've probably been buried in comments about this already, what you need to work on is anatomy. Anatomy is SOOOO important to drawing humans and...well...anything really. You need to know how stuff fits together before you can draw a complete structure, right?

Anatomy can take years to learn and you will ALWAYS be able to improve. Looking at reference and studying real-life humans is one of the best ways to learn and draw anatomy accurately. Research warriors and muscle-y men and draw from reference. You can add the neat detail and such later but for now you need a base to work off of.

You can do it