Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Psalm 14: Who was Jesus' grandpa?

^ Well fair enough, then.

<-- Atheist. I find that everything is bound by logic, and has no borders with any mystic or strange bonds.

I look at life as if im an object. I have a brain that tells me that i am now functioning. to me, dead means that my puls is gone, not that a soul or non-being have left my corpse. Since all logic tells me that the brain is the scourse to all memory, sence and knowledge.

All my experiences is poured though my brain with electro vibes, to tell one component of my brain that i have experienced this thing right now.

What i experience will not be carried by a "non-being"

I can't deny my national religion, because if i lay on the ground, about to die, i will probably prey to god inside, even though i don't believe in it.

I am not critisizing any religion, i accept others beliefs, as long noone is trying to prove me anything.

Big bang, is just a theory, and big bang was first thought of because we have limits of how far our knowledge can comprehend.

We cant look back for eternity to see what created the universe, so for the time being or untill uncovered, a theory of big bang was created.

Back, hundred to thousand years ago, Astronomi and Religion was a shared thing, they were bound to each other.
    But over the years, astronomical research started to bend the rules within religion and was now classified as science and began to expand as a atheist research subject. this later on became a way to study planets and the way they were created and while we cant say that the planets were created one or another way, we can still 100% guarantee how they acturally were created, through theories.

Theories are basicly a point, you stretch to it matches another bond, untill 100 or 1000 bonds are bound together and matches perfectly.

If so meny theories matched each other, based on what we allready know, we can in the end conclude that 99% of this, is true.

The same goes for the theory of Atoms, We dont acturally know they are there, but a "suggested" system (the periodic system) based on theories which matched each other, makes everything we know, fit together. And if it continues to match as we discover, we can in the end conclude it is true. BUT... if we in the end meet some strange experiences which doesnt match anything we know today, the theories fails.

This means we either have to come up with another theory to make these match with our current understanding. OR accept paranormality or over naturely beings in our world.

^ Okay, TL;DR and did we really need a rehashing of the Scientific Method?

haha acturally, dont read it. When i write about my own beliefs i allways tend to stretch it too far and creat bad karma. (<--- U c wut i did thar?)

I'm not a major advocate of the "big bang theory," but I thought I'd read somewhere that in some experiments, using only non-living elements/materials, and simulating a similar atmosphere to what we believe was found during the "big bang" period (for lack of a better term,) unicellular living organisms were actually created. I could be wrong, but I thought I'd learned that in my Environmental Ethics class (which was basically proven science vs Intelligent Design, which has no scientific proof and is just a rehashing of Creationism.)

If anyone's seen this information and can lead me to some sources, please do. If it takes too much work, don't bother.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

I'm confused. Are you talking about the 'Big Bang theory' when everything - the sun, planets, galaxies, gas-clouds and the universe basically were formed? or the Origin of Life on earth, when after a long time, Earth cooled down to form conditions ideal for existence of life? If it's the latter then check out the Miller-Urey experiment(or just google search it). If it's the former, I don't think life was formed during the Big Bang.

Yeah man! That's what I was talking about, I think. But I think they were trying to see if life could be derived from non-living organisms, which would mean it is possible for the big bang theory to be true. Or at least, it shows that the basic building blocks of life can come from inorganic/nonliving materials. If that makes any sense.

Yup that totally makes sense. Before all these experiments were conducted, people believed that 'living' and 'non-living' were two different things, and that either of them cannot be produced from the other. They actually had recipes for making mice (put some meat/insects or something in a box in certain conditions and leave it for a certain number of days, and voila!you have a mouse...something like that, it was damn funny when we read it at school). That was till they conducted these kind of experiments and proved them wrong.

Something I've always been wondering ever since I knew about DNA and stuff. When all we're made up of is just carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and just chemicals, where do our thoughts and feelings come from? how do we sense things? I know it's just electric signals and chemicals in our brain, but I guess it's just....hard to....imagine...

I think that's where the debate comes from. Well, part of the debate. What exactly animates us? What makes us have varying preferences? At present, there isn't a complete answer to this, which is why there is a lot of debate about whether we're all science, or if a "god" created us or not. Also, just because we don't have scientific evidence answering what makes our personal preferences exist, doesn't mean we won't find the answer.

Personally, I'm toying with the idea that perhaps God is energy. In this way, it is a part of everything, and is in everyone. I wonder if there isn't the possibility that God could be an intelligent from of life that is derived from energy and is completely energy (similar to what I think a "soul" could be.) Obviously I have no proof or logic, and it's just something I'm attempting to figure out myself, and therefore I'm not trying to persuade anyone to follow my beliefs. Though I am Christian, I think most of our current versions of the Bible have been altered an perverted to suit the needs of man(kind.) Which I know from reading previous posts would bring up the question "if God's Omnipotent and all powerful, why would it allow the holy word to be altered and misleading?" I guess I'd have to fall back on the "free will" argument--which I know is weak, so it's pointless to argue. That's why I know I'm technically "not Christian," but feel I am...which makes no sense. Anyway, I don't agree with what many Christians do, so I openly oppose my own "religion." Yeah, I'm going to hell I guess by most people's standards, but you know, no one really knows, so they're just as in the dark as anyone else...

ahh. well the big bang theory was just a theory of how everything was created. life did come later.

I was just using the explanation to limit how far back in time we could see

I have a huge pile of dokumentary videos about the birth of galaxies and planets. oncluding how the earth got its atmosphera.

i could make a huuge post right now, but i dont think that would progress anything,, unless you acturally are wondering how it happended.