Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Psalm 14: Who was Jesus' grandpa?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Yes. I hate when I hear people credit God with man's mightiness. I've heard people attribute major works of art or music to God. Or, worse, medical achievements.

God didn't save your mother's life. Man did.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

What the hell does this have to do with rape? I'm not even going to argue about religion, it's something I can't prove to others but still believe in. It still is pretty funny though, the fact that you can prove most religions wrong using science. I'm not insulting either sides, I'm really interested in both science and religion, but both sides have yet to be proven. Morally, I'd go on an athiest's side, because they don't get mad and insult other religions like most Christians, (Specifically Christians because I've never seen a Jew or Muslim do it too much, but I'm not insulting Christianity.) but instead explain their point of view. I hate when athiests exclaim that there is no God, and it has yet to be proven, and how Priests scream that nothing needs to be proven - it's all ridiculous. Why does religion even matter? Just have a respect toward others, and don't push them into aggression - and they'll respect you. My best friends all have different religious views than me, and we like talking about our religions. Well, the bottom line is:

WTF DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH RAPE?!?!?!

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M3S1H View Post
    What the hell does this have to do with rape?
    If you'd bothered to read the OP you would know.

I'm not even going to argue about religion, it's something I can't prove to others but still believe in.
    Don't you think it is horribly unreasonable for anyone, anywhere, to believe in something that is so insane they know they can't possibly justify it to others?

It still is pretty funny though, the fact that you can prove most religions wrong using science. I'm not insulting either sides, I'm really interested in both science and religion, but both sides have yet to be proven.
    Except, no. Science has been proven, and religion has been as disproven as anything can be disproven.

Morally, I'd go on an athiest's side, because they don't get mad and insult other religions like most Christians, (Specifically Christians because I've never seen a Jew or Muslim do it too much, but I'm not insulting Christianity.)
    Yeah. It's not like Muslims flew some planes into buildings or anything because of their religion.

but instead explain their point of view. I hate when athiests exclaim that there is no God, and it has yet to be proven, and how Priests scream that nothing needs to be proven - it's all ridiculous.
    No, it's not.

Why does religion even matter?
    The fundamental nature of the universe. The purpose of human existence. The nature of what constitutes a good life. Morals. These are all unimportant, you're right! How could we have all been so silly?!

Just have a respect toward others, and don't push them into aggression - and they'll respect you.
    Yes. That has worked out very well, historically, for heretics and heathens.

My best friends all have different religious views than me, and we like talking about our religions. Well, the bottom line is:

WTF DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH RAPE?!?!?!
    OP, MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU KNOW IT?!

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

There's a small mistake in #3, I said you can prove most religions wrong using science. Seems you interpreted it backwards, and on #4 I meant rage as in a fit. They get really agrresive in terms of their mood, whereas terrorists decide to go extreme and bomb freaking buildings. #5's response really caught my attention, as we really don't need to know. Instead of focusing on this religion-is-right-or-not, we should focus on how not to wipe out the world - we all know that if we make the slightest mistake our world will be thrown into turmoil and drag us with it, and instead of pulling together to help stop that, we're being absurd and trying to prove religion right or wrong. I'm pretty sure if the human race doesn't shape up the Earth, we'll all find out whether or not a God exists.
    Last edited by M3S1H; 01-27-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M3S1H View Post
    We all know that if we make the slightest mistake our world will be thrown into turmoil and drag us with it.
    The world is pretty resilient, you know.

Fenn
    I'd love to simply trust science as proven, except that it seems every week some theory is disproven or changed. Sure, I'm not going to doubt something simple like gravity, but the fact is the details and more complex theories...they keep changing! Look at research for mental illness, the nutritional values of foods, and our understanding of the forces. Conflicting reports keep showing up and turning ideas that were believed for thousands of years into controversial topic. If anyone wants to really know how it all works, they would need to devote practically all of their life to researching and reading reports on...everything!

While it's logical to trust the scientific method, trusting the sciences can be very misleading.

Fenn@

Theories change because one of the goals of Science's is to find the less fake answer, with this said, when you make a theory, you need to prove it, but with the time new knowledges are gained and so the theory you developted could be disproved or approved. Doing this you are more closer to a less fake conclusion.

Gravity was already disproved.

Yeah, trusting in science can be very misleading. Why don't we all believe in Cthulhu, Valhala and that every event of the Earth was made by a wizard, that would be easier.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    I've heard people attribute major works of art or music to God.
    Whats wrong with that per se?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    OP, MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU KNOW IT?!
    ... Good man Kodos.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    I'd love to simply trust science as proven, except that it seems every week some theory is disproven or changed. Sure, I'm not going to doubt something simple like gravity, but the fact is the details and more complex theories...they keep changing!
    This is not science. This is a particular hypothesis. You are not doubting the scientific method.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 01-27-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Heres an interview I found on youtube just now of your best friend and mine, Bill O'Reilly and Dave Silverman debating about atheism. Linky:

Now, although Silverman was right in what he said, why didnt he just calmly explain how the tide works to this moron. Wouldn't that of deflated his argument?

Silberman could of handled this interview so much better. C'mon, its Bill O'Reilly.