Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: How to make a plot that is NOT cliche.?

Yeah make the bad guy get the shards and then rule the world and the main character die in an epic battle then introduce a new main character who'll save the world which is now enslaved

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    did you not get my flow? i was mushing all the ideas into one delcous morsel

Emotional death of an established central character is a good plot device just sayin

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by GAbRieLWrIgHt View Post
    hmmmm...reversed roles...hmmm fake shards...hmmm....gather all the shards...hmmmm, can i use those ideas....hmmm fake shards by apprentices, hmmm.....enemy gets all the fakes.....fakes are powerful
    Glad you likes my ideas, but before you swoop down like a vulture, did you get the point I was making?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Emotional death of an established central character is a good plot device just sayin
    I was thinking a series of books centered around a villain and every new entry in the series is a hero who fails to kill him and dies until the final one succeeds would be cool. <<

actually no i didn't get your point. but i did ACTUALLY get an original idea from those. but of course i was acting a bit vulture-ish, but I was jus' jokin...speaking of the new original idea...

The God apprentice has a special magic that can keep anyone alive for 1000 years longer, but it is at the sacrifice of the casters life. The Solar magic apprentice has a spell that can bring one person back to life, at no expense. So the god apprentice uses the magic on the other other one, and is revived, and then he uses it on himself, but it works for only 500 years, so they are still alive afterwards, because they do that twice, it is 1500 years later. They call themselves the "Overseer's." No one knows that they are still alive.

Fenn
    actually no i didn't get your point.
    *sigh*

The point was to give you a process for developing creativity. Read the post over and see if you can pick up MY flow.

The God apprentice has a special magic that can keep anyone alive for 1000 years longer, but it is at the sacrifice of the casters life. The Solar magic apprentice has a spell that can bring one person back to life, at no expense. So the god apprentice uses the magic on the other other one, and is revived, and then he uses it on himself, but it works for only 500 years, so they are still alive afterwards, because they do that twice, it is 1500 years later. They call themselves the "Overseer's." No one knows that they are still alive.
    What? They can do that as often as they want? Sounds overpowered, and a very easy writer's trap. Sometimes authors will create these awesome abilities, then forget about them for half the plot, and when it's done readers will ask "why didn't they just use X ability to solve all their problems?"

well there only using them until they find and teach somebody that can be taught one or both magics, and if only one, somebody who can learn the opposite of whichever is learned first. I still don't think i get it, but i MIGHT have an idea, which is

you were trying to help me get my creativity to flow like a river, or something. Or not.
    Last edited by GAbRieLWrIgHt; 11-10-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Fenn
    you were trying to help me get my creativity to flow like a river, or something. Or not.
    Well yeah. Basically next time you find yourself looking to add creativity, you can follow a process similar to what I did.

ohhh, i see

Fenn
    ohhh, i see
    Said the blind man.