Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make a plot that is NOT cliche.?

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    What is wrong with you people.

Also, someone should write a story about what life would be like if this guy ruled the world. Seriously, I don't even care if it's 'been done', just do it. *language warning*

SPOILER! :

Quote Originally Posted by GAbRieLWrIgHt View Post
    Why did Rio create Mangatutorials? The world may never know~
    There was this legend about a man that will join a site that makes tutorials about manga, It is said that he is so great that his manga will become the best of all time! then there was a messenger that comes into Rio's home and said "Make a Website and there the one legendary mangaka will join"

Then Rio replied, "How will I know who this person is?"

The messenger said with a very soft voice, "His name does not start with capital letter, and it starts with "r" and last clue is his name is "ram", and another clue is that he will tell this story in "How to make a plot that is NOT cliche.?", Ok no more clues.

Then that day Rio made the mangatutorials.com, No one still knows when this legendary mangaka will come, and no one really knows if he joined already, but we all know that he is GREAT!!! and HANDSOME!!! and HOT!!!

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    he is GREAT!!! and HANDSOME!!! and HOT!!!
    I'm here! I'm here, beloved fans!

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    yea, it's definetly you Fenn

Keep on topic ladies and gentlemen.

Yeah about that, Amaimon what happened to your story? you should've post it by now so we can critique it and make it very original.

I have a little bit of plot but not much. Anyways the heroes name is Light Kasane. Don't say anything about Death Note, I had no idea. Anyway's, he lives alone with his mother, because he father died. In the autopsy, the cause of death was completely unknown and had never happened before. His best friend's name is Kamaki Tsuna. They are childhood friends and have known each other since birth. In the first chapter he goes to school, only to fall asleep and be woken by a teacher. The teacher tells him to go home, as he is only a nuisance who doesn't want learn. This is slightly ironic since he has the highest marks ever to be recorded in the Academy. The teacher always says he is the worst student in the school. He goes home, to find a hooded man with a katana assaulting his mother. He becomes angry, and his arm is enveloped in lightning. He then throws a punch that blinds the man in one eye, because of the lightning. Then Kamaki enters his house, anouncing that she is late. She is wearing weird clothes with holes on the shoulders and elbows, as well as the stomach (this is weird because it is not her school uniform. She is also wearing a short skirt with knee high socks. She then tells Light to come with her, as he is in danger. His mother tells him to go, handing him a box that she tells him to open once she reaches his destination. Kamaki then opens a portal, leading Light through. Whenever they go in there is a man with tall spiky hair wearing a black coat with a high collar. It appears to have a metal frame as the coattails stay up, and don't hang around his body. He is holding a staff with a black orb at the top, which appears to be a ringed planet. He points the staff towards them and a black snake is emitted from it and flies towards them. Kamaki creates an orb of fire and dispels it. She then teleports behind him lunging with another flaming orb. He blocks with his staff but the force of the attack breaks the staff causing an explosion of the elements. This irritates Light's strange ability, and he gains extreme speed if only temporarily. He gets behind the assailant and delivers a devastating kick. He then exit's the portal with Kamaki leading the way, leaving there assailant behind. You then see a man talking to a girl named Koshi, telling her to go get Kamaki. The girl then leaves the room by evaporating. Someone knocks on the door, and then enters revealing it is Kamaki and Light. They talk, with Light becoming enraged and kicking a desk, the man, whose name is revealed to be Auro, who easily cut's it in half, with a giant sword with multiple hole's in it. He then tells Light to calm down, that all will be explained in due time. After that he tell's a story about how in ancient times there was a single civilization. This town was centered around a single building, in which lived a man whom everyone called "Mage." He was the very first mage, and the creator of magic. He was a master of all magic from Fire to Water. And could also use God's magic,the magic of the Heaven's and could use Solar magic as well, the magic of Space. Since then there have been only two people who could use one of these legendary magicks. One's name is Akihiro Kasane, and Light's father. He was a master of God's magic, the magic of the Heavens. The other's name is Lenario, and he is a master of Solar magic, and murdered Akihiro. Light then remembers the box that his mother gave him, and opens it. There are two amulets in there. One of them is a chibi doll of himself and the other appears to be a bow, with two arrows crossed behind it. Kamaki tells him they are magical amulets, and he has to course his magic into them. She gives him a short lesson and then he makes an attempt. He fails at first but then after grabbing both of the amulets and trying again, he suceeds. He then transforms into new, armored clothing. His pants are half hakama, half skinnies. He's wearing a breastplate, shoulder pads, and greaves(the wrist ones) that reach his elbow. He has a quiver of lightning on his back, and two chains hanging from his sleeves, each of which has something connecting to it, and each of which has lightning surrounded by it. He is also holding a strange bow in his left hand.

This is pretty much the first chapter in word form...but i'm working on the WHOLE plot, but I'm not done yet

Edit: I was actually going to make a seperate thread for this, you know, with the title of my manga. But I don't have a permanent title yet.

Details: The types of magic are mostly elemental. One thing that is different is that the match ups are not the same. Water CAN beat fire but only if the water mage is stronger. This is because the fire mage could technically make a flame hot enough to evaporate the water. The water mage could also use ice. So the usual matchups don't really matter, so the fight's really boil down to the true strength of the fighter.

Don't say anything about Death Note coming from a kid with an avatar of a manga by the creators of Death Note... Anyway to make something non-cliche, start off with a thesis, and an interesting one. If you can come up with a thoughtful thesis, you can make an amazing story.

how many pages is this?

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    how many pages is this?
    14, 15, maybe 16. not looking at it right now so i don't remember.

Don't say anything about Death Note coming from a kid with an avatar of a manga by the creators of Death Note... Anyway to make something non-cliche, start off with a thesis, and an interesting one. If you can come up with a thoughtful thesis, you can make an amazing story.
    yea, i knew that, but i hadn't watched deathnote yet. Though i will admit that i watched deathnote because of that Bakuman. but i only watched that because the artist is Nobuhiro watsuki's teacher. Otherwise i wouldn't have cared. and i don't really know where the thesis thing came from, but whatever.