Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: How to make a plot that is NOT cliche.?

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by GAbRieLWrIgHt View Post
    I was actually thinking that in the end, he would lose the physical battle, but win psycologically causing that leader to change the way the world works. Roshambo is MAIN ANTAGONIST!!! I feel like I didn't convey that enough, which is why Saiya made the reply that they did. Well maybe I did and I'm misunderstanding. I want to mix in some romance but don't exactly know how. Suggestions would be welcome, but ONLY suggestions, not well fleshed out ideas. I like developing stuff myself, and I don't feel like as much as a vulture. I'm wondering if it should be between Sodo and Akemi, or Yamatori and Akemi. Maybe I'll hit up that luv triangle. Of course, they have such an age difference. She will either be Sodo's age or Yamatori's age, whichever I decide will romance it up. Don't know just yet.
    Sure, love triangles are fun, but you can always take it farther. Love square, love pentagon, love NONAGON!

Add a spicy suggestive love scene without any actual nudity

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Add a spicy suggestive love scene without any actual nudity
    Then his wife shows up.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Love dodecahedron?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Tetramour?! Decamour, amirite.

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    New Idea: One of the main characters, Yamatori, will use the same style the antagonist uses, except with his own twist. He learned it whenever the antagonist burnt down his village, and he got to watch him fight. p.s Antagonist is brother. He has a close relationship with Akemi because she is only survivor other than himself and Roshambo from the village. He makes her a promise that he will bring him to justice, but they both put a condition on it. Yamatori says he will not use his version of the Rock Paper Scissors style, which, for future reference is called *"Janken." Akemi's condition states that he cannot kill Roshambo, because he was an idol in there village and Yamatori and Akemi both have fond memories.

*Roshambo translates to Janken.

Other idea: The way warriors are ranked is based upon what weapon they use. The lowest of the low use handguns, while there higher-ups use rifles. Above that is the archer. It is above guns because it is believed to take more skill. Above them is the knife. This would not work in any other society, but blades are thought highly of. Next are nagata, long poles with a blade katana like blade on the end. After that you have lances, then spears. They are thought highly of because of the Salamader Knights, the "Royals" personal soldiers. Afterwards there are double-edged swords, and then katanas. The highest weapon of all is one of the "Royals" weapon, which are most important to the society.

Salamander Topic: There is basically a pyramid, with a certain amount of each rank Salamander in the twenty "Royal" towns. It ends up with one Salamander, the strongest rank. 1 Salamander, 2 Commanders, 3 Captains, 5 Guards. In case you don't know, that is a bit of the Fibonacci sequence.

This World is all about Swords, Strength, and Intelligence. *Bakuman reference* This society is basically a monopoly where Strength rules over all. It is, of course, possible to rule with intelligence, or strength, or both, but it has usually been lead by Strength. It is no exception in this story. The leader of the world is also the strongest man in the world. He's cunning, but not overly so. You can't even say he's of average IQ, even though he does have battle smarts. The hero wants the world to be run by intelligence and strength. Swords are in direct cahoots with money, if you have a good sword, you are worth more. In a brief summary, if you have a nice weapon, you have luxiorous life, if you don't you have little chance of ever having one. If you are strong, you can rule and get basically whatever you want, as long as it doesn't contradict what someone stronger than you has said. If you are intelligent, you can attempt to change the world. If you have all three you can.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    You're tying to avoid cliches and you made the antagonist his brother? lolwut
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian
    You're tying to avoid cliches and you made the antagonist his brother? lolwut
    Yeah. . . The first thing I thought of was Star Wars. "I am your fath-- er, I mean BROTHER!!"

This still kinda sounds like a generic shonen to me but there really aren't very many truly original plot ideas out there. However, after a while it's impossible to come up with something we haven't seen before so we all have to cut ourselves a little slack and tell Kasey to shut up. Then feel like you might be getting caught up too much in the details and technicalities of your world. Details and romance are nice but you shouldn't make the story work for them, the details should work for your story. Figure out what the bare bones of this thing are going to be, find your basic exposition, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution and then add your details in around where they will help to flesh out your plot and make it interesting.

Writing stories is a lot like drawing. You lay down your guide lines, add basic shapes and form and the put details in where they are needed.
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    *clears throat*

He already knows that the antagonist is his brother, so it's not like Star Wars. As for the rest well...I feel like I got shot. I believe that the reason these things are evident is because I'm developing the story as I go on, instead of already having it fleshed out. But your right. And this will most likely help me immensely.