Thread: Laptops with XP OS Still Available?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar

Laptops with XP OS Still Available?

Anyone know?

My old laptop is slowly dieing or at least buying 3rd party batteries and power adapters aren't working out cuz they crap out after a month or so. :\ ...And no, the company who made it is no longer selling batteries and power adapters for it (seriously, I think they just want you to upgrade and buy a new laptop).

If laptops with XP OS's aren't being offered anymore, anyone know if running "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP" actually work in Windows 7? :<

EDIT: Oh, I prefer not to get a used laptop or a netbook.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I don't think you'll find a laptop that hasn't been used in any sort of way with the XP OS. I mean, it'll either be refurbished, or really old and used.
    I know you're against this, and I haven't searched myself. But I'm almost sure you could 'find' XP by doing some googling around, just hook it up on a formatted flashdrive, plug it in, and get going on what you need to.
    Otherwise XP is usually just too obsolete to find now unless you raid your grandma's home lol.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Many netbooks do (realize that isn't what you want, just thought I'd throw that out though). I know mine does. It's an Eee PC.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Hmmm, I figured I'd get a response like this.... well, worse comes to worse, I can just hook up my old HDD (from the late 90s) to my tower computer and run it that way. Good thing I kept it... >_>

@ Bacon
    I actually have one* but the screen is too small (or maybe I'm just used to bigger screens) to do CGing. I was considering just attaching it to a monitor but that's a pain in the ass. =_=

* This is not the one that is dying a slow death, btw.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Yeah ... I understand. That's what I'm doing myself at the moment. :P
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Always a good idea to keep an old functional HDD around. Especially dealing with PC's.