Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Skype Swords & Wizardry: Join us or die. There is no other choice.

Man...wish I could play with yous guys. I have the books for a while, I can get the map software, allready on Skype...but no mic. (sigh) It's cool though. I'll just wait until Wed. & play Pathfinder with my regular group. S&W is so cool though because it's very much like AD&D(1st Ed)...but it's own game entirely. It's like they took those mechanics [from D&D] and simplified them. Anyways, wish I could play but yous guys have fun!

RPGs are my 3rd favorite thing in the world, right after manga.

Mics cost like 20 bucks black shaggie

black shaggie mics cost like 20 bucks

Aight guys as soon as I finish dinner I'll be on skype. When you start maptool set the memory to 1024.

max mem and min mem?

Just max

This was incredibly fun and hilarious though we almost lost in that last fight against the goblins. And we lost the chosen one. Poor Bacono.

Guys, if anyone is still interested in playing, we could use more help, so join us alright.

if people join us will they start at lvl one or be 2-3?

idk. We're not incredibly far in the game, so if they started at 1 I don't think they'd be at a huge disadvantage.

Okay that was way more fun than I thought it would be.

Plot Summary:

The cleric Poolaneus got amnesia for some reason, so his two friends Wolfgant and Efriered decided to take him on an adventure to jog his memory of when he was a badass cleric. They had heard some rumor from people in town that this Iron God has punished his monks and destroyed their temple, but they were more interested in the fact that the temple apparently had a lot of riches in it.

Wolfgang ended up hiring some torchbearers and a fighter. The party convinced the fighter to tie up a farmer and steal his goat, which they took down to the dungeon with them.

Wolfgang forced his torchbearers to lead the way. One, Tint the Horse Thief, fell into a pit trap, but survived. Bacono, the other torchbearer, was knocked unconcious by rats so they put him on the back of the goat until they were able to heal him.

The party ended up bumping into some goblins and an epic battle ensued. Wolfgang was apparently flaccid or something because he didn't do shit. Actually, Tint the Horse Thief killed two goblins with his barehands before dying heroically.

After fighting two bands of goblins the group entered a room with a ceremonial circle. Fearing it was a trap, they pushed Bacono in. He ended up coming face to face with a god, gaining visions and a badass sword. He became the Chosen One.

Realizing they were no longer the main characters of their own story, they tried to protect Bacono's life for the sake of his mission. At this point Efriered decided to tread into the catacombs by himself. He began to suffer hallucinations and was eaten to death by snakes.

The party continued on. After facing a giant statue man, they decided to stand outside the door and throw explosives at it destroying him but also all the treasures inside.

Upon finding a bowl of silver coins, the hirling dwarf, Pheelver, decided to snatch it all and make a run for it. Unfortunately for him the coins were a trap and began to weigh an extreme amount dropping him to the ground. At first the party wanted to kill him, but they decided that he had learned his lesson. He proved to be instrumental in their next fight.

They stumbled into the final goblin lair. Three of them managed to walk in stealthily when Bacono bursted into the room and screamed, "I am the Chosen One! Face your Destiny!"

Thus began their final battle of the day. They killed 18 goblins, but Bacono was felled by a goblin shaman who repeatedly hit him the the groin with his staff. Afterward Poolaneus would take up the sword and continue Bacono's quest and perhaps recover his memories.