Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Maxx Wellington's sketch book.. it ain't no diary so feel free to look

muhahaha my masterplan has succeeded!

I thank Sylux, toast, and Gedion for their comments however none of you guys have guessed it. I took the picture after I drew myself.

Here's how I did it:
    Using the long mirror, I posed in the clothes and slowly drew a skeleton (or stick figure) and then built from it. Later, I wasn't getting any help so I thought an image might work so I took the picture. In other words, the picture came after the drawing, not before.

@Gedeon... I will cook up a brownie for you. Unfortunately for you, you would have had two, but the lack of details in the hands (which have been torchuring me) cut it down... then again, you did make me laugh with your choice of face, so two brownies it is.... oh and towards only has one w....

Cool picture.

yeah, like Ged did (does that rhyme o_O) I'd bring that coat tail out a little bit. According to the photo, I might even bring it out a little more than the red line. Just a little, the red line's good.

For the facial features, I think you have the features "facing" us (for lack of a better word.) The lapels of the suit jacket should probably be a little bit higher, also. I think I got here late, cause most everything I can think of has been addressed.

Hope that's helpful, though
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Welcome to the party Blue Dragon!

Well other than I don't have a clue what a lapel is, your critique has been very helpful!

Isn't the name of the fabric that's folded over above the pecs? I'm assuming that's the name, cause they call those pins "lapels." But I'm no fashion designer, and my dude's sleeping...I'm not about to wake him to ask.

Edit: Oh, here. I just found this image...also, if anyone finds it offensive...I didn't draw it. But it actually points to the lapel, so it's helpful :P

SPOILER! :

Second edit:

The Party's Crashing us now.

Thanks Blue Dragon. A Brownie point for you since you have added a pic to help!

and dunno what's with the vid, but the song has a kinda beatles kinda feel to it, so ROCK ON!

Yeah, you're very right. Of Montreal started as one of the Elephant 6, along with the Apples in Stereo. They've since evolved into electronica dance music, but I still love em.

the more you know. *nom nom brownie*

BACK TO ART!!!! haha I find it funny that Blue Dragon was the only one of all my critiquers to actually touch my scientist.

Arise Maximon, arise from the dead and produce ART!!!!

Haha like I said, I am back, after a dry spell of losing all ability to draw (and having a cold... hope that's not the reason... )

Anyways, I have been working last month on a christmas comic. however I don't know how to instill the mood of fear and uncertainty within a child's eye without animation, so I decided to keep that idea for when I can animate... For now, please enjoy the fruits of december's labour.
    SPOILER! :
    Christmas 2011

And here is some info on it
    SPOILER! :

~This process included three mainversions, the last one having three copies since I screwed the end result.
    ~First version was a quick sketch for layout reasons. I already had the story in mind so, no need to retype it...
    ~Second copy was a full size orange pencil drawing of all the panels. it was made with the intention of errasing the orange lines however, pencil, no matter the colour, doesn't errase all that well. So I used a fine point sharpie and traced the finished lines.
    ~Third copy was the final. To do this, I used a pencil to lightly mark the corners of the panels and a ruler and pen to make the boxes. I also created a frame using two pieces of paper in order to keep the rough draft and the final aligned. (will make tutorial)
    ~The origional drawing was done in errasable orange pencil
    ~The thought process behind this was the simple question "What if someone got airsick in Santa's sleigh?"

Probably I will get a lot of disses, but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... so let them rip!
    Last edited by Maxx_Wellington; 12-24-2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Enter submitted it for some reason

aaand Christmas has ended..
    Last edited by Maxx_Wellington; 12-27-2011 at 07:06 AM.

hmm well it seems that MT, at least when it comes to my form, has died out. and I hate the expression milking a dead dog (as it is very unapropreate I think)

So I think I will go for a bit. Thanks to everyone who commented on my past work. I will work hard and come back later, when I have a bunch of art for you to see.