Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maxx Wellington's sketch book.. it ain't no diary so feel free to look

Post Maxx Wellington's sketch book.. it ain't no diary so feel free to look

So here's the background story on Kim. I had my car broken into for the second time just when I was thinking of possibly getting some detailing done to it. That lead me to wonder what's the point into having a car if you are only going to invite people to rob from it. In return, that lead me to the thought of adding more security to my car as well as wondering how fancy cars stay fancy... In some way that lead to KITT.....and Hatsuna Miku

Anyways, Kim was born out of that thought process. She is a model/mechanic that I wanted to create, build up and install in my vehicle. Rather she is the vehicle. But part of her is the persona. KIM stands for Kinetic Intergrated Machine, just like KITT stands for Knight Industries Two (later Three) Thousand. Her persona is Kim Ratchet, a mechanic girl/ model who controls my car. I was thinking of writing a comic about her as Kim Ratchet: owner of Ratchet Motors, a small mechanic shop she bought with her modeling money... but I need more of a story line... Anyways, I wanted to start a thread to introduce her and get help designing her.

This is what I have so far:
    She is going to be modeled as a 20-23 year old.
    She will be in chibi form in my car however she will have a picture full size
    She will wear a t-shirt (colour or color undecided)
    She will wear special overalls that fit like daisy dukes... maybe rolled up...
    She will have on work boots and gloves
    Her hair will be pinned up yet she will take it down when partying
    Her signature thing will be her goggles that she wears on her head when not in party mode (aka in her dress)
    She will have a Kim tall two sided wrench with her no matter if she is chibi size or normal size.
    She will be tanned with slightly lighter dimples

This is a headshot I did while trying to draw her first chibi pic... I took the liberty of tracing and redrawing her in microsoft paint as my computer is broken and I wanted to test out hair colours....

Kim

What do you think?
    Last edited by Maxx_Wellington; 11-22-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Wow, this must suck worse than I thought... 38 views and no posts...

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    There's not much going on. If you want us to critique a character concept, then you should provide a full concept (body, different turnaround perspectives, etc.)

I am in the process of making the full chibi, just haven't been able to figgure out how I should do the body... I redrew the head but the more I do a chibi body, the more I make her look fat rather than cute and sexy...

u just draw a full body pose . You know or dont know it doesn't matters . We are here to help you trust me .
    Give it a try . And yes dont be shy.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking... but if its for a crit on this picture, Id say the face is pretty scrunched together.

there are a lot of different ways to draw a chibi face, and that's just how "I" would have done it, but the anatomical principals are the same.

If you didn't want a crit on the face, and just wanted to know what I thought about the character...Ignore what I just said, and I think its pretty good. I will say that its pretty standard though. I would add something to her to make her a bit more memorable to people, but that's just me.

@NWAP: I do want critiques on it, hence why it's in critique corner...
    @trilokcool3 and CypressDahlia: I just finished a full body of her, got it on photobucket and realized that I forgot to add her goggles... it was supposed to be her signature look... but that's ok cause I see a lot that needs to be fixed before I worry about details like that.

kim chibi

I forget if I mentionned this but she has daisy dukes style overalls, so her legs are bare...

EDIT: Damn this pic is dark. sorry about that, I tried uploading a pic via my phone... I hope you guys can see it
    Last edited by Maxx_Wellington; 10-17-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Wellington View Post
    @NWAP: I do want critiques on it, hence why it's in critique corner...
    If only everyone used common sense like you do. I think its pretty good. nice job on the hands. I can only see some small problems. For a chibi the arms are a tad long, the wrench is crooked and bends downward on the right side

Thanks NWAP. However, I don't get why she looks so young... I used the guide in my book "chibis and furries" and they show an adult female, but how do I give a chibi a miami beach bunny mechanic look? Whenever I draw her, she looks like a kid... not a chibi- or super deformed- version of an adult....

I am going insane here....

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Add boobs. Kids don't have those.