Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I, or Shan't I?

101 Dalmations Member canime4ever's Avatar

Should I, or Shan't I?

I'm seriously debating on whether I should start my manga or not... or which one for that matter... Sorry, not sure if this is the right place to post this...

My most recent idea is somewhat like Fruits Basket, but instead of Chinese Zodiac it's the Astronomical Zodiac and there's no curse (well, unless you call having extremely exaggerated characteristics of the zodiac's personalities a curse...). 13 'main characters' all siblings that live together and a slice of their lives. I haven't yet thought of a name for it nor a constant plot/problem; I'm not even sure if this idea was already thought of.... What I was thinking was have each chapter dedicated to a character and explain a small part of their life... Idk, once again I think it's under developed, but who knows...

What would you guys suggest?

follow ur heart

start making some rough work like you have thought the story roughly.... that will bring you some confidence....
    AND YES WHAT EVIL CAKE SAID ...the most important thing....

Haha haven't heard that one ^__^ I don't know, I feel like I've got the characters worked out pretty well, but what are characters without a story? Then again each chapter would show what they're struggling with and possibly end with a solution to the problem... Also, where would I find the time/motivation to do it... I'm just talking myself out of it... >.<; I'll work on a page a week and FINISH it first BEFORE I post it; I hate it when I have to wait a long time for someone to work on pages and stuff. I just need to gather some morale AND JUST DO IT!! > Thanks for the advice, I'll have to update on how it's going... heheh... If it ever gets started... T-T

go make it.. i will just wait for the finish product of your work...

I'll to make it AWESOME! 'Sides this is my first so no one's really expecting much from me

YOU ARE ALREADY very very good in drawing and coloring ... SO if and only if you are going to make BLACK AND WHITE MANGA ....
    m sure you will REACH THE SKY.....jst have faith in you .....
    we are not joking here , we are all motivating you ....
    even if i tried to make a manga page without knowing anything .... u can see here in this thread titled ( NEED HELP NEED HELP....)
    so if you have any suggestion plz help me tooo.........

Fenn
    Get up 1-2 pages on the site first, just to sample. The feedback you get will work as motivation to continue.

Thank you all I'm really glad I found this site, considering I keep my drawing abilities pretty much under-wrap. I have manga studio and Photoshop so I'll see which I think turns out better/is easier to use and go from there It'll take me a while 'cause of my strict computer access, but what my uncle doesn't know won't kill him right? 'Sides we're planning on getting a computer come tax season, so sooner or later I'll be able to update/post. Not to mention that the other side of my family's pretty much loaded and never know what to get me for my birthday aside from money & my birthday *cough* 16th birthday... *cough* is right around the corner... I hope I don't sound too devious/greedy

Just for future reference, while it's generally a personal choice and varies per user and method they use, a mix of both Manga Studio and Photoshop is best. They have different pros and cons, and tend to balance each other out.

If you use traditional for sketches and inking, but scan then use digital for coloring/toning/finishing touches, a mix is perfect.

But if you do everything digitally and don't like to switch programs I'd personally go with Manga Studio- it has a nicer aesthetic when done in tune with the users style (don't use the default options lol), has a tool for sketching everything out, and a lot of pre-made high resolution tones. Oh, and print borders (though they're not hard to make in Photoshop).

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with, though! Hope you get lots of money for a comp, yes? = v=/