Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 185

Thread: The Crucible (F)

  1. #171
    One Thousand Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    Even though her blind fervor, part of the flagellant did realize that Olivia's foolhardy charge had kept the other demon away from her whilst she was still dealing with the first. She had no outward reaction, but a mental note was made. A blood debt.

    Rage carried her arms forward through the pain, and hate guided the blade down upon the creature's exposed back.

    SPOILER! :
    Oriel continued the Greater Frenzy!

    Full attack;
    1d20+20=27, 1d20+15=33, 1d20+10=21

    Damage dealt;
    2d6+7=12, 2d6+7=15, 2d6+7=12

    The second demon is now down to 19 out of 70 HP.

    Oriel's dress was now red. The thing wasn't quite dead yet, but... judging from the macabre look on Oriel's face, that may not have been entirely unintentional.

  2. #172
    Olivia yelled some more and smashed her fist into it's head area again. This time knocking the creature out.

    SPOILER! :
    Attack:1d20+21=28
    Damage:1d10+10=20
    It's at -1.

  3. #173
    One Thousand Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    Oriel just stood silently for a moment, giving time for her blood to cool.

    "...T-...T-Thank you, sister..." She tried to wipe the gore from her brow using her sleeve, but that only seemed to make things worse. Still, the sweet turn in her voice just went to show what a strange duality that the woman was. It couldn't just have been some bizarre twist of fate. She didn't speak, look, or carry herself like the average thuggish ex-beggar flagellant at all. Her face could be an idealistic painting of a noblewoman. "I wholly appreciate your intervention. You turned up at quite the right time... however..."

    "..."

    "I'm terribly sorry, young mistress, but I cannot quite seem to recall your name. How awful of me. It's inexcusable." She turned away, as might a castle servant, but the effect was rather ruined by her gargantuan blade dragging along the floor as she twisted. "For this transgression I will make it up to you, assuredly."

    "-Miss, do you have any lamp fuel?"

  4. #174
    "Uh, no...You aren't going to set yourself on fire are you?" Olivia looked pretty uncomfortable, Flagellants are pretty weird, so is getting attacked by daemon dogs.
    "Anyway, what are you doing, why are you getting attacked by Demon dogs!?"

  5. #175
    One Thousand Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    "...M-me?" She put her hands over her mouth and blushed, as if they were talking about somebody doing something very heroic and respectable. "No, silly beans! The demon!... It's still alive, you just knocked it out! Fire is the best purifier of all!"

    "I... I think they smelt my little shrine." Oriel pointed backwards. Indeed, that many lit candles did rather clog up the air. "The question is, what are they doing here, I wonder?..."

    "We have to t-tell Laure. The others could be in danger. Could you please get her for me, dear?"

    "...Unless you want to, erm..."

    She held out an extra pair of chained manacles, and an expressed another completely misplaced warm, loving smile.

    "..."

    "..."

    "-For the demon aswell! -For the demon aswell! One of us needs to strangle it! Please don't look at me like that. ;_;"

  6. #176
    "We should probably go together, wouldn't want to get ambushed again would you?"

  7. #177
    One Thousand Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    The woman just looked around sullenly for a moment, considering what Olivia had said. This was too strange to just be a random attack. Somebody had to be in on it. Which meant that if just one of them went, they would likely be ambushed; But leaving the body alone meant that it could also be cleaned up by the time they got back...

    Oriel shrugged, made a small weary smile, and patted the woman on the shoulder in agreement... Then, promptly brought her sword around, and cleft the creature's head from it's neck in one fell swing.

    If Olivia wasn't doused in demon blood before, she was now.

    "Okay, let's go." The flagellant just remarked with her usual chipperness returned, now hoisting the gorey head over her shoulder in a makeshift fabric sack. "Whilst it's still fresh!"

  8. #178
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,960
    The duo eventually found a very confused guard, and one thing led to another led to Laure interrogating the both of them.

    Fortunately no one had cleared up the Daemon's corpse, and evidently that was that. Laure had, during the interrogatin/debriefing mentioned that Daemons rarely, if ever, come to the mortal world on their own accord, and that some person or persons deliberately brought the Fiends here.
    Clearly whoever had been helping the cultists back in the catacombs was still here and didn't enjoy the attention they were getting.

    ***

    The next night, while Oriel was off in her makeshift shrine praying again, she had another visitor. Only this one was less of a horrible dog-monster from the Lower Planes, and more of a young woman in a very fancy dress.

    Lady Ambre Loubard, the Duchess' daughter, gave a curtsy in her elaborate dress. "Hello, lady crusader." She said softly, the attractive young woman's voice shy, meek, and everything you'd expect from the young daughter of an aristocrat who knew her lot in life was likely to amount to little more than marriage and who had been raised accordingly.

    "I heard you were the one who killed the Demons that attacked last night. That was very brave. I was wondering... I was wondering if you would be willing to suffer my company for a brief while, Lady Oriel. I'm... I'm not sure who else to talk to."

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  9. #179
    One Thousand Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    Oriel was sitting upright in full battle dress; but was merely propped up by the hilt of her sword, and very much in the dregs of half-sleep. Her eyes slurred about for a moment before surging to life, almost stumbling over before she managed to remember were she was, and how heavy the things she was wearing were.

    "...S-...s-sorry... My Lady... I didn't hear you come in!" There was a clatter as the tall woman accidentally knocked over a candelabra, then had to scurry to stop the lit candles from rolling away before they set and of the bundles of scripture on fire. When she finally finished, through, she did get up and hastily perform a deep, heartfelt bow. "Lady Ambre Loubard, are you not? The dutchesses' daughter? Terribly sorry!.... The mess!... Sorry!..."

    "W-we still have some tea remaining, w-would you care for some?"

    "Y-you want to talk? I am only too willing to oblige, my lady."

    The low ceiling combined with all the clutter, again combined with Oriel's height and personal clutter, made the whole thing ten times more trouble than it had to be. Her rounded, sullen face was beaming at the prospect of having somebody respect her enough to ask her advice, through.

    "Please! Sit!"

  10. #180
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,960
    "No, no thank you. Tea's not necessary, but thank you." Ambre said, softly.
    "Was it here," she asked, "was it here that you were attacked by the Demons? By the Saint it must have been so horrible..." she trailed off, looking at the floor and shuddering. "I am glad to hear that you and your friend are okay. I still can't believe it happened!" She added.
    "...Can't keep putting it off." She took a deep breath and shuddered. "I'm here because I think I may have some information that can help you, and, and, I mean, I know I should have spoken to Lady Guidonis but... ah... uh... she, well, she terrifies me." She suddenly took Oriel's hands in her own gloves hands and started apologizing profusely, tearing up as she did. "I'm sorry, I know, it's wrong, an the Inquisition is never wrong, but she scares me and I am afraid and what if she tortures me and... and... and..."

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •