Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game(s) Are You Playing?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    So Borderlands managed to really piss me off a minute ago.
    See, I'm level 16, and the first real badass boss they send you up against is Sledge, this guy with an instant regenerating shied, lots of health, and a shotgun that can kill you in two direct hits. He also has a hammer that can take you out in one direct hit. Oh, and he can rush you. Oh, he also has body guards....so yea he's just really overpowered.
    But what really pissed me off is how I was killed the first time, and rage quited before I could actually die...So I figured I'd give it another go, and launched the game back up.
    Not only did it send me to the beginning of the level, it also took the money I had to pay as if I was revived. WTF IS THAT BULLSHIT.
    Anyways, I beat him my second go around lol.

101 Dalmations Member Tetsuphil's Avatar
    My brain kittens are shining with love! Yawl!
    I'm playing Zelda Link's awakening :0 Its kind of hard compared to all the new zeldas out there :I

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    I'm currently playing...White Knight Chronicles, Legend of Zelda Minish cap, Legend of Zelda four swords, Final fantasy four heroes of light, final fantasy 12: revanant wings, Final fantasy 3 Ds version.

the 3D zelda games seem easier, excluding Majora's mask. I've beaten Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, and Minish cap is by far harder.
    Last edited by GAbRieLWrIgHt; 11-05-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    So Borderlands managed to really piss me off a minute ago.
    See, I'm level 16, and the first real badass boss they send you up against is Sledge, this guy with an instant regenerating shied, lots of health, and a shotgun that can kill you in two direct hits. He also has a hammer that can take you out in one direct hit. Oh, and he can rush you. Oh, he also has body guards....so yea he's just really overpowered.
    But what really pissed me off is how I was killed the first time, and rage quited before I could actually die...So I figured I'd give it another go, and launched the game back up.
    Not only did it send me to the beginning of the level, it also took the money I had to pay as if I was revived. WTF IS THAT BULLSHIT.
    Anyways, I beat him my second go around lol.
    It's called don't ragequit and take it like a gamer.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Nah man, that was a legit ragequit. Boss was way too overpowered.
    But see, I bought Battlfield Bad Company 2 a few days ago, and have been hooked on that ever since. Multiplayer is so tasty.

101 Dalmations Member Tetsuphil's Avatar
    My brain kittens are shining with love! Yawl!
    Quote Originally Posted by GAbRieLWrIgHt View Post
    I'm currently playing...White Knight Chronicles, Legend of Zelda Minish cap, Legend of Zelda four swords, Final fantasy four heroes of light, final fantasy 12: revanant wings, Final fantasy 3 Ds version.

the 3D zelda games seem easier, excluding Majora's mask. I've beaten Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, and Minish cap is by far harder.
    Minish cap, for some reason, is my all time favorite Zelda game, and ive played lots of zeldas :O

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    the art style on Minish cap is amazing, visually, it's one of my favorites as well

So I played Skyrim today (for 2 hours, which as someone who have played any Elder Scroll will know that its nothing) and I'm going to place some of my feelings so far, inside a spoiler (because it can have some few spoiler).

SPOILER! :
    Well the game looks good and dirtier like a barbarian should, at the beginning you start as in any Elder Scroll (like a prisoner), but the transition of prisoner and a active character goes way better than in Oblivion (who haven't played it, don't, is awful), and its also way more bloody (I didn't expect it from Bethesda). But also, this beginning have some flaws, because it become intense and active (like you should act fast), but the constant loadings of the game were, some times, annoying. Of course in the intro you will have to fight (obviously, is a intro and they will make you know how the control works), in here I found some good stuffs: like a aim cross in third person camera, which is very thanked, also using spells is way better and easier than in Oblivion (and its feels you are doing damage with them). Outside of all that, I like that characters talk with you a lot (outside of having a conversation), that things happens (you will go outside and find people discussion, talking, stealing, what ever), these kind of things give a sense of life in the world (but also after losing some times, I have started to see everything as a pre-programed behavior, you will find a deer in X place, a rabbit in Y place, and so on). And some of the adds I'm more pleased is the ability to sprint.

There are things I didn't like:
    You can dual weapon but you can't block, because the block button for a shield (LT) is the attack action and the button next to it (LB) is for sprinting (so yeah... I think they should have changed the sprint button from place and let that to block, specially because the RB button does nothing, you can make the RB to sprint and the RL to block, just saying).
    Magic can get pretty annoying as far I saw (I got 2 hours to play, and I didn't experience everything, so in here I might be wrong); in Oblivion you had a spell wheel, that work as a hotkey spells, the problem was that the wheel was annoying and wasn't really well done, in here you have no wheel of spells, you can only put your spells in a favorite list, and change them pressing "up arrow". When you do that the game enter in a pause mode where you can change of spells (again, this kill the action and I don't see the point for it, because you can press B enter to your inventory and change spells from there).
    Combat is a mess (or I suck fighting in this game and I should be a wizard), this is because everyone moves to different places, everything is in movement, and you can fail hitting so easily that it really feel like a mess (specially when you are with a friend fighting 2 other guys), and I'm not saying this just on third person camera, in first person I also felt that some times I lost of sight my enemies just when I was doing a slash.
    The character still walks like in Oblivion, this mean, I feel like I'm floating in the air while walking (it doesn't feel like I'm attached to the ground. It feels like in Fallout 3).
    When the character sprint, doesn't look like he/she is running with all he/she have (it look like relaxed sprint), which is kinda out of context when a monster in chasing you and you look like running through a park, doing your morning exercise).

Thing I didn't care but I notice:
    There is a delay between: you moving the analog stick to move and your character moving.
    You can't make hot girls or that kind of stuffs (the character creation is way easier than in oblivion, but also way more narrow in options)
    Last edited by ClockHand; 11-05-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Wait is it already the release date? I thought it was 11-11, must be in America