Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "Amongst my own kind I am known as Uxalu."

"Who sent you, Hei? All is not as it seems. Therion is the greatest, but not the only threat to the continued existence of this plane and free life within it. I have been working with the Yagyu to help them combat the threat posed by the cult of Orochi as well as other Demonic threats, such as those which have infiltrated much of Kusanagi and Daitoshi."

"Therion intends to destroy this entire plane. Eager for destruction and chaos, and ever opportunistic, many of the powers of the Abyss, old and new, have thrown their lot in with him."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"It seems I can't get much from knowing who sent you, since clearly your kin shares a common goal. I assume."

"And we were sent here to investigate, and we need to know what you are doing here. You say you help combat the cult, but why we've encountered a power very close to yours in the lair of those very cultists. Are you lying?"

"There are wheels within wheels, plans within plans. The workings of my kind are complex and manifold. Often it is efficacious to give aid to the very forces you wish to destroy."

"We have given aid to the cult of Orochi because we seek to destroy them."

"Others understand this principle and use it as well. All is not as it seems. It is highly probable that whoever sent you is not who they seem. I estimate that it is 70% likely, or greater, that you are working for either the Demoness who has usurped the throne of Kusanagi, or the Horned Society."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"...Shit." Shari exclamed simply. "There goes the plan again... Haru, please keep yourself safe out here. I'll light a torch inside the building if things really go to hell."

Thudding across the decrepid alotment and placing her back adjacent to the animal doors, she listened for any signs of conversation or movement directly within.

SPOILER! :
    Listen check
    1d20+9=23
    It would be nice to know if she could hear Hei, Asuka and Kai talking, too.

She can hear them through the doors now.

"Then by that very principle, I cant trust you, either. How do we work that out? Blind faith? If you're so smart, then surely you have some ways...some methods to receive my trust."

"The only way is by showing you what it is I showed her. Doing so would require I interface directly with your mind. If you would allow me to access your mind then all will be clear."

"The sensation is unpleasant in the extreme, but harmless."

"And I will have no way to be sure you won't simply wipe off my mind...." Hei considered it, to her surprise. She recalled the sensation, but if it meant learning so much more about this ...'thing'...

Shari just stayed where she was and held her ear against the wall more closely now. No point in waisting the position that Hei had gotten herself into, after all. Mightawise let her grill. I'd expect nothing else for myself.

Still, the things that the strange woman was saying reminded Shari of several old rumours from her home region, but the exact people involved she couldn't quite recall here and now. What exactly did "interfacing" involve? Would the information gained be worth damaging Hei, or was it just a straight-cut peice of tactical trickery?

One hand pulled the rusty doors slightly ajar, but the ferocious monk didn't choose to move just yet.

"And thus we are at an impasse. And yet, as I have repeatedly stated, you are at my mercy. Your continued wellbeing should be sign enough that I mean you both no harm."

"Or we can continue along conventional means. Who has sent you? And why?"