Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)

Kai glanced at Shari, unable to hide his irritation. Rei seemed sweet, but he was long past exasperated with cryptic and non- answers.

"Rei, about the Obscenities?" he said, not unkindly, "one nearly scooped out our brains and made us kill each other because we were ignorant." He shrugged, "Ignorance in that case protected no-one except, well, you and your family. We would have been..." he trailed off, unable to even imagine what would have happened to them had they not killed the creature, "but your secrets would have been safe. Sadly of course, now we all know plenty of secrets but not anything much of actual practical use. Ignorance does not protect the ignorant." He paused, and sighed. "Ignorance just means you fall down holes you had no way of knowing were there."

"About Hitomi, what tactics is she fond of; any particular personal favourite pets? Or something? Undead? Demons? Cultists?" He looked imploringly at Rei. "Don't you know anything about what we might possibly be up against? So we can prepare?"

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Rei gave Kai a sympathetic smile. "Love, like, think about the Abominations. Think about, like, what they, like, can do. What they do. What they did. If you were, like, captured, and if the Illithids, like, were up to something, like right now, don't you think it would, uh, be for the best if, like, uh, well, they didn't know what Rin knew about them?
    I am being, like, completely honest with you. I don't, like, know to what extent Rin was aware of the situation in, like, Yagyu. And, like, I don't know exactly how much she knows, like, right now. But I do know that, like, she would never put you in danger without good reason, and that she would never, like, knowingly send you into a risk that was, like, beyond your means." She gave a smile. "And obviously the Horrors are up to something, and I don't know very much more than you, like, I think, but right now it is in the best interest of Rin, myself, yourselves, and the world at large if, like, we remain ignorant of what exactly Rin knows. Because if you get captured, and if they find out all she knows, then, like, shit just got a whole lot worse, right?"

Rei took Kai's hand in hers and gave him a knowing look. "I know that, like, you're scared. Those things scare me too. I'm not asking you to have faith in Rin or myself because, like, of what we like, are. I'm asking you to have faith because she loves you, and because I love you. Have faith in us not because of like, what we are, but because of who we are. I mean, faith in gods is stupid. Faith in people who care is like all we have."

She let go of Kai's hand doing her best to not be flirty. "Hitomi wasn't, like, very big on tactics. She really was just a thug. I don't know what you might be up against, like, but I imagine undead are certainly likely. Plagues can, like, do that. Tragedy lets the hungry void seep in, you know. A lot of innocent people died in Oguchi because of the Shogun's madness and Hitomi's plague. Lots of, like, restless and angry dead. I'd bet on undead. And, sorry Setsuka," she seemed to mean Shari, "I don't know how many Bakeneko still live, or how many Hitomi has managed to, like, get under her sway. They're like us. Two forms, and the elder two tailed variety, the Nekomata, have a third, like, half-way, form. The older ones are, like, pretty magical, the younger ones not so much. Come to think of it, I think they had, like, some necromantic powers. So yeah, like, definitely undead. I wouldn't be surprised if they, like, bullied some Oni into helping, too."

She gave a sad look. "I'm really sorry. But, like, this just kind of happened. I really don't know much more than, like, you. If there's anything I can do to help, like, at all, I will. I mean, I am a priestess, you know." She gave a giggle and winked at Ryo. "I'm still not sworn to celibacy, Riki."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Kai stared at her for a moment, opened his mouth to speak, then snapped it shut. The conversation was as far as he could see fairly pointless; they both had different ideas of what "good reason" was.

"Undead. I hate undead. I'd better procure something heavy and blunt," he said, touching the hilts of his kukris with each hand.

"That would probably be best." Rei said with a smile and a nod. "I'll see if I can't find some ofuda to give you before you leave too. This place is... uh... kind of a mess. Sorry!
    Um... about Rin... I uh... I imagine she asked you to probably do... things?
    She's angry at herself. And Hitomi. Mostly herself though. And I love her like a mother, and I uh don't want her to carry any more guilt than she does. Whatever she asked you - do what you need, not what she uh, said." Rei sounded somber.

"I do think Hitomi is a monster, and I don't think that, uh, given twice as long as she's had that she'd reform. She's not that type of person. But, uh, while I think you probably should kill her, I don't think torture is... you know. A thing we should do. Or you. You should do. Shouldn't do. That is. Torture. Don't do it. Rin says things, but yeah."

She shrugged before giggling. "If there's nothing else, maybe you should go ask Chiyo? I'm sure grumpytits would love to speak to you. If she, like, hits you or, uh, anything. Let me know and I'll have Rin yell at her.
    Oh, and Kenichi" I guess she meant Kai, "could you stay for a second?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Shari simply hovered over the conversation and glared, perhaps more balefully than she was actually intending to. Rei's blunt whit was certainly preferable to Grumpytits' usual demeanor, and she probably would have snickered at the name calling where they not about to walk into another situation blind. Yet again.

In the middle of thinking how she'd probably need to buy some gloves, the thought was interrupted by the woman requesting Kai to stay behind. Half suspicious about Rei's lewd demeanor, and half suspicious about what was so apparently important that it had to be said in privacy, Shari just crossed her arms and made it blatantly clear she wasn't about to leave him behind.

I'm assuming no one has anything to ask Rei since everyone is bad.

Rei rolled her eyes with a smile as Shari stayed behind. "I just wanted to apologize. I'm sorry, uh, Kenichi. I didn't mean to make you feel , um, uncomfortable. I hope you're not, like, angry with me." She smiled. "You're very cute though." She added with a giggle. "But seriously, I'm, like, really sorry about that. Still friends?" The fox woman gave Kai a big adorable smile.

Kai smiled to himself as Shari refused to leave, but touched her shoulder to let her know he was fine all the same.

When Rei apologised, he blushed. "Uh," he said intelligently, "that's... uh. I mean, that's fine I'm not, um. Angry at you or uh. Anything." He returned her smile, still slightly shellshocked. "We've known Rin for a while, so excessive friendliness is something I'm kind of uh. Used to." He shrugged. "Thanks, though."

Rei smiled. "That's good. You two are cute together." She laughed softly. "You best be, like, going though. Don't want to show up when grumpy is explaining to the rest of the group and then have her, like, get all, uh, cranky. er. Crankier." Another smile. "You should come visit when you get back. We could have tea. Or, like, feed the Little Ones" she probably meant the foxes, "or something."

"I'd love to!" Shari bared her teeth in what could scarcely be called an overly-enthusiastic smile. It was probably supposed to be humorous, but still managed to come across as invariably sinister... Well, as most things Shari did.

The basic fact was that Rin was the monk's master, and Rei was most certainly not. She was not about to let the priestess use her position to smooch up to the only decent man in her life without at least getting annoyed about it. It didn't really matter to her wither Rei was being a sweetheart about it or not.

"Like, I totally meant both of you, you don't have to get all, uh, defensive." Rei laughed. "But it does sound nice. I'm looking forward to it." She flashed a smile. "Off you go then. Before grumpy gets grumpier."

Chiyo met with the group in an old armory within the castle, far away from anyone who might overhear their conversation. She was wearing a skintight leotard that clung to her body like a second skin and left only her arms and legs bare. There was a mask attached to it, but she had it pulled down.

"I don't know why Rin is sending you idiots to handle Hitomi, but it is not my place to second guess her. I can only hope that when you all fail spectacularly she will allow me the honor of separating Hitomi into many, many, small pieces." She glared at Shari. "Ask what you want and get going. The sooner you fail, the sooner I can actually resolve this situation."

Chiyo is the nicest.