Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    "You seem to already know," said Haru, his voice neutral.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "I'll let that slide because she likes you. If she didn't, I'd be kicking your ass right now." Chiyo glared at Haru. "Sass me again and I may forget that she likes you."

"I am pretty sure I already know how badly you all fucked this one up, but I want to it hear it from you. Taking some responsibility may make you all suck less. And some of the details I have been told may be wrong. Let's hear it."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

In an uncharacteristically protective move, Shari placed herself slightly infront of Haru and blocked Chiyo's line of sight. "The enemy was of a totally differant breed than we were expecting... Certain elements were not prepared for this..."

Her voice was polite but stern, like talking to a war general rather than a barely-dress beautiful woman. "I do take responsibility, however. The infiltration should have taken such circumstances into account. Jian has me to thank for not predicting they would follow us using some form of magic, also."

"What's that? You say that it's possible the evil cult that has been getting paid in magical items may have used magic to track you all back to your inn? You don't say!?" Chiyo shouted with mock surprise before smacking Shari upside the head. "Use your fucking brain! Rin keeps you around because of your talents, fucking use them!"

She sighed before leaning back against the wall again. "Despite your spectacular failure the other night Rin wishes you to continue your investigations. "That priest you met last night, and back in Shibayama. I've managed to find out where he is tonight. He's at a slaughterhouse in this part of town. You're going to capture him, if possible, or kill if him it's impossible. Whoever he is he's obviously fairly high up in this conspiracy."

"You idiots think you can handle that?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Haru made a soft noise, like an irritated clucking of his tongue, and cast his eyes towards the other members of the group, reluctant to open his mouth.

Shari grimaced at the slap but didn't really react, or even hold animosity. Chiyo was certainly making it obvious why she didn't send her personal flunkies to do the job, through, so the solid monk figured she'd play the angle herself. "You haven't lost anything personal or valuable, miss Chiyo. We are just mercenaries. Please remain contented."

"We have the enemies' terms now, at least, so this next mission will be differant. Totally differant..."

At that moment, she shot Haru at little look that might as well have been her saying "Sorry in advance."

"Rin has put me in charge of you morons, so your fuck-ups become my responsibility. And you cost me my time which is very valuable. I, unlike you, am able to complete tasks, simple or otherwise, without majorly fucking things up. You, clearly, are not."

"And yes, Shari, you are just a mercenary, aren't you? Not a very good one, I gather, though. Lovely scars, by the way." Chiyo smirked.

"Any questions from you lot before I send you off?"

Haru's gaze met Shari's, but his expression was as impenetrable a ever. His attention returned to Chiyo. "I find your rudeness most distasteful, Miss," he said breathily, sighing as he spoke. As always, there was no overt emotion in the sentence, but, if one listened carefully, hidden under the syllables was something that sounded a great deal like disdain.

"Are you going to do anything about it? No? Then shut up." She said flatly to Haru. "I'm not here to coddle you, I'm here to give you all Rin's instructions and to somehow try and get you all to execute these instructions without seriously fucking up."

"I fail to see how intentionally antagonizing us accomplishes any of your purposes, unless your purposes include venting anger, gratuitously asserting power over others, or making allies less inclined to work faithfully with and for you." Haru waved a hand dismissively. "I have no questions."