Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "Well, I don't like her." Was Yuanjun's non-answer before stomping back off.

...Mission successful?

The group stopped some ways away from the capital because, well... come to think of it, they still didn't know exactly how to get in. Naturally the city would be walled, and likely have guards along the walls and all the gates. The group stopped quite a ways away since, after all, who was to say those guards would be Human? Kana did allude to the majority of the Bakeneko being about the city.

Maybe there would be some manner of secret way in? A lot of cities with castles did have secret tunnels and stuff, what in case of sieges. Plus the group did have a Druid. Maybe Haru could, like, turn into a bird and fly in and poke around? Nekomata didn't have truesight, right?

Right?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ryo finally felt it was safe to open his mouth.
    "Haru, can you turn into a bird and look for a way in?"

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    There was a dramatic pause, then Haru nodded anti-climatically.

In a poof of feathers, Haru was replaced with a very large monkey eating eagle just a smidgen smaller and lighter than Tsubasa. After exchanging some incomprehensible squawks with his fellow eagle, they both took to the air.

The two 'eagles' made several passes over the city, careful to be both inconspicuous but also doing their best to get as close as possible.

The wall of the city was, unfortunately, intact as far as they could tell, and each of its gates had four large and armored Oni and what appeared to be armored and armed Humans.
    The city itself still showed the damage from the madness of the Shogun and the resulting civil war. Many burnt husks of buildings dotted the city, and other standing buildings clearly showed fire damage. Mass graves dotted the city and nearly all of them were conspicuosly empty.

Large lumbering figures patrolled the city, presumably Oni. Smaller and slow moving mobs also were clearly visible. Presumably the Jijo or other Undead. Evidently in the cpaital they didn't wait for sundown.

The Shogun's palace itself was largely intact, although various parts of the three concentric walls which surrounded it had yet to be repaired. Given the stench of death about the place and fact lights were visible within, Haru ventured a guess that Hitomi and a large number of Undead were inside.

Getting into the palace seemed somewhat managable. After all, those walls were damaged, and they did have a Ninja. And Yuanjun, for all the gorgeous yet terrifying woman's faults, did seem to have a way of handeling Oni. But getting into the cityw ithout alerting everyone might be a bigger issue.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    Haru and Tsubasa returned to the group as inconspicuously as a pair of eagles can. Haru sprouted up from the smaller form like a rapidly growing tree.

"Getting past the gates may be our greatest challenge," said Haru picking a cream colored feather out from behind his ear.

He then proceeded to describe everything he and Tsubasa had seen, from the burnt city buildings to the empty mass graves.

Tsubasa leaped from a branch on to his shoulder, and he favored her with scritches. "Any ideas?"

Yuanjun squinted to double-check and make sure that, yes, it was too many people for her to just kick her way in.

After a while, the group got a visitor! It was Kana! Who approached with her hands held clear in front of her and an annoyed look on her face. "I'm unarmed, shitheads. Calm the fuck down. I'm not here for revenge or anything. But, I am here to, you know, Pay a debt." She looked in Yuanjun's direction. "I don't like owing people, 'specially Humans. You let me live, thunder thighs, so I may as well do the same for you. There's a secret entrance into the city. An cave that connects to some basement under one of the buildings on the palace. I don't know much more than that." She gave a shrug. "Hitomi knows about it and it's guarded, but it's really your only shot. 'Less Sogi gave you all a miracle or something. There. We even?"

Shari had a scowl on her face, but it was a little differant from the ussual. Perhaps she just disliked Yuan getting the praise for something that was basically her idea in the first place. Hell, the idea that she seriously put her neck on the line for.

Still, she seemed mildly happy to see Kana again, in that the monk was not openly hostile. Extremely defensive and observant of the woman-thing's actions, but not openly hostile.

"Hello again, Bakeneko. Nice to see you are staying out of trouble..."

"...Well... It would be pretty foolish to try and sneak somebody up to the gates and open them." She shrugged. "They are bound to be the most heavily defended points... and at that rate we might aswell just try and run at the damn doors with a ram and let 'em know we are here."

"I don't see what you would gain by lying to us, through, anyway. If you wanted to take credit for our capture or deaths, you could have just sounded the alarm."

The problem with Shari being so cold and professional was that generally it meant she was brooding about something. And, giving a sideways glare to Yuan, and then back to Kana, it was pretty clear that this time was no differant.

"Look, thanks for the info... But if you aren't going to stick around, then please fuck off already...."

"You can stay if you want to help us, but you never owed us a damn thing."

Kai glanced between Shari, Yuanjun and Kana. His head hurt.

"Could you be more specific as to what you mean when you say "guarded"?" He gestured vaguely with a hand, "Like how many and what exactly the guards are? I'm supposing there's more angry undead around here, judging by Haru's vivid description of the state of the place." He nodded gratefully to the druid.

Kana shrugged. "I don't know. I can't imagine any of us wanting to hang out in a dank dark cave, even if Hitomi yelled and threw a fit. Probably just Undead, Oni, and maybe some Bakemono or whatever." Another shrug. "The town itself is crawling with the Undead, yes. The Shogun had all the women killed, and what his servants did not get, the plague did."

Shari grunted and rubbed her chin, remained looking into the ground for a moment, then turned around and made an even louder grunt. She realised she was acting childishly, but didn't like being ignored.

"Damn. This defensive setup has us running blindly ahead, then. As ussual." Her arms crossed. The standard annoyance control pose. "At least the walking dead and oni do not have the presence of mind to raise an alarm... I don't like it, but our best bet may be to simply ambush one group at a time, and finish them off before they make too much noise. It's a question of speed... and being lucky enough to be pointed in the right direction."

"Kana... Did your old comrades generally bother setting up any traps?"