Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' Night (C)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "I live here." Oboro took a long drag from her cigarette. "Obviously you survived, so it could not have been too organized." Oboro gave a nod in Ryo's general direction, more or less. "I was not aware you were friends with one of my opponents from the tournament. You are a woman of many surprises, Tsunkazu." Another drag. "As is your right to be."

"Anything I could do to help?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

How did she recognise me? how does she know Shari? She better not be working for the Shogun, shit.
    Ryo looked pretty uncomfortable seeing Oboro, the fact she could tell who he was after only having one brief, forgettable fight with him weeks ago probably had something to do with that. She is scary.
    Last edited by Superdooperphailmachine; 11-07-2011 at 08:49 AM.

"Our presence at the tournament was a little heavier than I lead you to believe, sure. But I did say it was rather secret due to foreign connections." Shari found herself smiling and was forced to overt her gaze from the redhead. Part of her still wanted to follow the fierce woman and learn from her company. She was the perfect master, presented at completely the wrong time. The idea of an idol was always hard to kill.

"...However, this venture is rather more personal. There are no such restrictions. I'd certainly love your company for a while, if you could spare it." Shari let a small amount of adoration escape in her voice, alrough a rather drastic plan was forming inside her mind. "Perhaps you would honor me and my comrades by joining us for a meal?"

The plan was simple; Find out who the hell Oboro really was. If the coincidences were founded and she was an enemy, this was the most decisive way of finding out. If she was a possible ally, their efforts could benefit greatly, and indeed it would mean Shari could (rather selfishly) enjoy a bit more time around the stunning woman without needing to hide it.

It made her feel guilty about dividing her attentions more from Kai, sure... but they would have to deal with this at some point anyway. Simply giving him a soft grasp on the shoulder, she gave him a questioning look that asked his approval.

Oboro gave Shari a Look. Well, she gave Shari's general direction a Look. A Look that said 'Bitch, WTF u smoking?"

"Tsunkazu, someone is trying to kill you, and you are planning to eat a meal here, in Yamaguchi? What you are suggesting is a generally ill-advised course of action even when one does not know for certain that someone is trying to have them killed. Either you are more exciting than I imagined, or you are a very stupid woman."
    Last edited by Kodos; 11-09-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

In an action that probably made her sentiments a little too obvious to the others, Shari just shrugged and looked embarrassed rather than, say, punching the woman in the face for her ill manners. There went that plan.

"I apologize. Figured you might have known somewhere trustworthy. The last time I was in Yamaguchi, I certainly wasn't important enough to assassinate, I'll tell you that." She actually bowed her head a little even through Oboro probably couldn't detect it. Leaning in closer, the monk departed a little more information that she didn't want the abounding crowds to hear. "...And at any rate, snooping in on Takamatsu seems an ill-advised method of getting information. Would a crime lord of that caliber really hire such a sloppy assassin and risk making an enemy of our employers? It's extremely fishy. That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

Was it wrong to trust Oboro? Probably. But Shari found the sharp, frank woman a far more honest source of opinions than Chiyo or even Akemi. Gaining a powerful ally that didn't want to use them as sword fodder was worth it, right?

"If the assassin was sloppy, then Takamatsu probably didn't intend to kill you." Oboro said flatly. "He probably intended to insult you. Or to lure you here." She shrugged. "What have you done to offend him?"

"Nothing. Haven't even talked about him in years." Shari responded with a rather disenchanted tone. "But I guess it's perfectly possible that we have gotten caught up in his business without knowing it, through... and even if it's true that we were being lured, surely that would mean that somebody we don't know about has personal dealings with us, right?... We can't just let it sit, just like it would also be a pretty dumb idea marching in there and demanding answers..."

Her arms crossed themselves as if defending against a cold breeze only the monk sensed. The idea of her holy master Rin looming over her shoulder sparked into existence, but was quashed away with a new sensation of distrust. A sensual being of temptation and warped truths, tormenting attractiveness and abusive kindness. There had to be more going on, there just had to be...

It took her a long time to come to terms with it, but Shari now realized the master would probably never return her loyalty past simply letting her live... And after that abomination that they had nearly been killed by... After her feelings for Kai had come boiling forth, only to be confronted by the basic concrete fact she didn't deserve him... It simply wasn't enough anymore. The heart couldn't help but yearn for an existence more suitable.

"Oboro... Can we talk, just us?..." Walking forwards slightly, Shari placed herself apart from the group by considerable distance, at least enough to stop them from hearing her whispers. A stern hand raised to the others requested they wait where they were.

"Miss... Oboro, look..." A whisper direct to the ear, heavy in pained thoughts. "I've been little than a thug all my life, it's true. But these last few weeks... I've seen things that I wouldn't ask of anyone. Things my comrades... and Kai... could not possibly deserve... I'm not so sure my 'good hearted masters' as so morally righteous anymore, and... Your sharp heart and your divine skill... It pains me that you are not my leader... and yet, I have to ask..."

She gulped deeply, leaned upwards slightly, and then proceeded to speak at her normal level. "That night we didn't meet up... Did you know? Did you know of our opponent?"
    Last edited by Regantor; 11-15-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Oboro listened with her usual bored, mildly annoyed, expression, puffing away at her cigarette while Shari spoke.

"Yes."

Oboro sure is helpful!

The totally whimsical attitude that Oboro had that day... Shari scorned herself for not picking it up sooner.

"I expect nothing for free, not from a warrior of your mettle." She shrugged, not particularly able to look at the expressions on her allies' faces. "What could I do in return for requesting your help against these... abominations?"

Oboro raised an eyebrow. "Abominations? What makes you so sure there was more than just the one?"