Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 691

Thread: Ladies' Night (C)

  1. #371
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,979
    "Just a few broken limbs and a reputation." Shari sarcastically sneered back at the man. "-and maybe about six hundred gold coins if your information is worth two shits... Look, my leader is looking to bust heads. This weapon was nearly used to assassinate somebody pretty damn rich and angry, we just want to know who the little chump was working for. It's probably better for your own sake if the information trail doesn't stop on your doorstep."

  2. #372
    For Sparta! zizi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    314
    For this expedition Kai had chosen to forgo his usual layers, instead only slipping his waistcoat over his otherwise bare torso; letting it hang open to his waist. In certain circles long-healed scars and a dizzying array of tattoos were more effective camouflage than his usual shapeless shirts.

    Not exactly practical for a ninja- flesh shines in a way that soft fabric never does- but thus far it seemed to have the intended effect. Though he'd been protected from the rougher side of mercenary life by Mio as they'd grown up together, Kai was recognisable nontheless as not a soft touch. Well, he thought of his lightened purse irritably, not as soft a touch as some, anyway.

    He stood slightly to the right and front of Shari, mostly so if things went asswards he'd be able to move freely even if restricted to invisibility to stab the shit out of anyone he needed to, knowing that behind her he would be vastly less effective than if he could move to flank anyone she was fighting.

    As was he listened to her talk to the shopkeeper offhandedly, his eyes running over the small room for anything of possible note, though always returning to the Oni. They'd encountered too many of these brutes lately, and Kai was beginning to get incredibly wary of coincidences.


  3. #373
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,057
    The smith shrugged. "Sounds worth my time." He picked up the dagger and examined. "Yep, s'mine. Sold a fuckload of daggers like that to Takamatsu about a month ago. So, yeah, good luck with that." He put the dagger back down. "If you're not buying anything, piss off."

    Meanwhile, Kai didn't notice anything unusual about the Oni. It was an Oni. It was big, had red skin, two horns, one eye, and seemed happy guarding since standing in one place and looking threatening was a good job for someone with his intellectual acumen and personal disposition.

    Knowledge Local or Royalty to know about Takamatsu.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  4. #374
    Ryo knew the guy was talking about the Shogun of Shadows, and that having a crime-lord on your back is seldom a good thing.
    "Do you know who he is planning to have killed with those daggers and why?"

    SPOILER! :
    Knowledge Nobility: 1d20+5= 19+5 (24)
    I rolled the other day and never got round to posting. The link to the result is on my other computer so I'll edit it tomorrow.

  5. #375
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,057
    "No. Fuck off."

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  6. #376
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,979
    Shari was swirling a gleaming gold coin in between her fingers for effect, but snatched it back up again after the shopkeeper refused to be particularly helpful. To say she was half expecting a brawl was an understatement; The hefty monk was always ready for a fight, but being in such a craphole of a town again only served to remind her of how dulled her sense of paranoia had become as of late.

    "Like I said, it's a wonder you can stay in business at all." The woman just remarked bluntly, then briskly walking out of the shop and back into the reeking streets beyond. Only three hundred coins were left on the counter, since she figured the scrawny bastard probably couldn't count them all before the group left anyway.

    "Takamatsu..." She repeated the word to herself, then just looked back to her companions wordlessly. That name certainly rang a bell, but as for his exact history, that was buried a little deeper...

    SPOILER! :
    Knowledge local test;

    1d20+4=10

  7. #377
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,979
    After Ryo had reminded her a little about the Shogun, Shari continued to direct the group around the foul city. She knew that it wouldn't be a great idea just barging in and trying to see the man, after all, so she instead tried to ask around and find anyone that had at least seen him personally. With any luck, there could even be someone who remembered her.

    The tagline was generally closer to "There is some money I want to invest in him.", rather than "I'm here to fuck him up, and find out why he tried to have me killed.", mind.

    SPOILER! :
    Gather Information for two or three-ish hours;
    1d20+1=13

  8. #378
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,057
    Shari didn't have much trouble. Unsurprisingly, Takamatsu's place was one of the larger, gaudier, pagodas in the city.

    ***

    On their way over to Takamatsu's place, the group ran into a friend!
    Well, Shari did.

    "Tsunkazu." It was Oboro. The throngs of people seemed to part for her and even the thugs in Yamaguchi seemed to know to keep their distance from the chain smoking redhead. "I was not expecting to find you here." She took a long drag from her cigarette. "You have brought your friends too. Either you are more kinky than I expected, or you did not come all the way to this wretched place to visit me."
    Last edited by Kodos; 11-02-2011 at 10:59 PM.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  9. #379
    For Sparta! zizi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    314
    Kai glanced sidelong at Shari. When had she met Obero? What did Obero mean 'more kinky than I expected'? Visit her? In spite of himself, he awkwardly moved closer to the hulking monk.

  10. #380
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,979
    "Oboro..." Shari regarded her simply, before taking a moment to decide what to say. How did you even know it was me?... Was the accompanying expression.

    Being a lying little worm didn't suit the monk at the best of times, and she knew the fiery soul wouldn't put up with any old crap story. The fact that Kai happened to be here really didn't help. She'd honestly omitted mentioning Oboro before simply because nothing happened, and it made things way too complicated. Outright saying that the woman 'didn't mean anything', through, right in front of her, seemed... Well, hazardous to one's health.

    "Somebody tried to kill me. Possibly other allies too. It looks organized..." She used a business-like tone, alrough giving it that cocky edge as if it was really more of a chore. "Anyway. It's great to see you again... I won't hold it against you that you never invited me around in the end, I'm sure you had much more important business to attend to."

    Shari gave a small sombre glance over to Kai after this, thinking about the repercussions on both sides about what she was saying. The layers upon layers. Would Kai think she was just using him? What would her honorable nature look like, if Oboro turned out to be an enemy, or a spy? What would she do if one of her own group members said something disrespectful towards the fearsome woman?

    The squid on the stick... A memory flashed through the monk's mind. Perhaps Oboro had been after information from her all along?

    "What brings you to this scratty little neck of the woods?"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •