Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' Night (C)

The heavy monk brushed off her hands, gave him a nudge with her foot, then was overcame with a disappointed expression.

"Is that all? Your boss really think I'm that cheap?..." Shari grunted to herself, before using her ever-handy rope to tie the man up. Soon, she stuck her head out into the corridor beyond, to see if there were any more aggressors. Nothing was immediately obvious, anyway... "Damn. Was he alone or not?"

Briskly, she made her way to Kai's room first. He was by himself; Shari didn't make much of comment past "There is a guy in my room who had a knife. Mind keeping an eye on him?" The others were all similarly solitary and rather sleepy-eyed.

The only dilemma was what they did with him, then... Torturing him themselves didn't sound too wise with Akemi's soldiers keeping an eye on her. Delivering him to the Daiymo personally was a bad option too, in case there was corruption within that the party hadn't heard of yet...

"Damn. Well, I guess if he was dumb enough to attack us by himself, his bosses probably didn't tell him much anyway..."

And thus, Shari contacted the city enforcers and requested an immediate meeting with Akemi.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Despite the lateness of the hour, Akemi granted Shari's request and gave the partytheir audience.

She'd clearly been woken up by it, too, as the daimyo of Mizunokuni's hair was now loose and without adornment, and she was without the heavy make-up and jewelry she wore before. Also she was wearing only a much plainer sarong and strapless bikini. Given the look in her eyes and the status of her hair, she'd fairly literally just woken up. Even without the make-up or the jewelery, though, the woman was stunning.

Shinko was at her side, already in his armor and at the ready. "Whatever happened, it wasn't me." Akemi started, yawning. "My issue with you, Ms. Tsunzaku, is wholly personal and were I to act on it I assure you I would have dealt with you myself rather than sending an assassin. I am not a coward." She streched , and adjusted her top. Shinko seemed to avert his eyes and blush a little. "And I already told you that if you don't fuck up I won't hurt you." Shinko offered to get her some tea, which she refused with a smile. "I'm fine, thank you. Anyway, what happened, Tsunzaku?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"With no intended insult, I don't think lowly of you enough to think you'd send this worthless heap, Miss Hakunetsu." Shari's form and stance were impeccably polite, but her words did carry a certain edge of tired annoyance. The last encounter she had with Akemi didn't go incredibly well, and the monk wasn't in the mood for another confrontation. But this was the best way she could think of handling the situation. "On those terms, we figured we would let your charges do the interrogating... My real concern was that he was part of a greater plan. It's all too convenient for him to be a simple thief, but I somehow doubt he has any real first-hand information, either. It's very fishy..."

Speaking her mind felt a little uncouth of her, so Shari did make an effort to sound a bit more respectful after a second's delay. "I'm glad to see that none of your personnel seem to have been targeted, either, honorable Daimyo."

Akemi yawned. "I've left your friend with Konpeki. He'll handle that. As for information, I got a look at his dagger and I recognize the craftsmanship. It's from a blacksmith in Yamaguchi. An assassin came at me with one a month back or so, I forget. I imagine if you want answers, you may want to poke around there." Akemi shrugged, adjusting her top again after doing so, following that up by giving Ryo a flirty smile. Even sleepy and without her make-up, Akemi was still gorgeous.

Knowledge (Local) check if you want info on Yamaguchi. Shari gets a +4 bonus on this check due to her background.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ryo basically ignored Akemi's smile and got thinking what a shithole that place is. Finding a specific crook there would be like finding a hay in a needlestack.
    "Maybe we should take him with us and see if anyone knows him."

While she had lived and worked in Yamaguchi for several short spats, Shari was having a hard time remembering anything but the very basics. The general size and patten that the place was, the kind of bastards who hung around in which parts... Those years were a little misty due to all the alcohol abuse. She had hung around with a particularly sadistic group at the time. Maybe they could buy some information there, if the dogs were still alive, through?

Akemi wasn't exactly giving them much to go on, either; But it did at least concrete that the assassination attempt was part of a bigger deal. Maybe it was just supposed to be intimidating rather than lethal? A message from someone?...

"This could get very ugly indeed." Shari stated the obvious, partially just to calm her own nerves. It sucked being both the thug and the strategist at the same time. Never mind one that had previously tried to kill the most powerful and influential person in the room. "I don't know what good lugging him across country with us will do... Especially not if we run into his friends."

"Miss Hakunetsu... You're obviously implicated in this aswell. I don't mind reporting our findings back to you. It would be more covert than sending your own men... In return, all I ask is that you keep our future dealings here secret. Some of my comrades have families, and I would prefer this wildfire did not spread."

Her face spelled out that Shari herself understood the irony of her asking for this.

"Tsunzaku, just because I am beautiful does not mean I am stupid, and just because I dislike you, and that is you in the singular, not the plural," Akemi gave Ryo and Haru a flirty look, "I know when to be discreet." She adjusted her top and gave a soft little laugh, noticing the irony. "Well, you know what I mean."

"I suppose we should be on our way then, if that is all?"

"Shinko will see you off," Akemi said, her samurai doing as he was told. "'Cept you. You stay." She smiled at Ryo.

"As you wish miss" Ryo said with a bow.
    He sure hoped she wasn't just going to proposition him.