Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Shari vs Yuanjun (C)

Shari absorbed her emmotions and just stared back like a placid statue. It was a look of someone who had long since given up trying to analyse the vibrant, human, thoughts of those around her. Polite in the extreme, but never combforting.

"Thank you for your cooperation. I realise this must be disturbing news." She stated the obvious a little too flattly for even her own liking. "We will remain here for now. As this relationship is useful to us, please let me know of anything I can do in return. Basic information on the enemy. Even ground work..."

Was it appropraite to smile back?... No, probally not. She considered, giving Kai a quick disgruntled glance. Hopefully she'll just ask me to pummel somebody for her. If it improves her mood, I can do that...

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    As the group got up and made their way to leave, Akemi pulled Shari aside, fairly roughly and literally, and waited for the others to leave.

She didn't seem very happy (I think Shari has a +5 bonus on rolls to piss off beautiful and otherwise chillax ladies).

"You worked for him." Akemi growled. "For it. The Abomination. Did you know? Did you? Did you have any idea the horror you were working for? No? Did you not know the vile creature and the things it did people? To me? Or did you just know the things Kanagawa - assuming there's a difference between the two - did to people. Did you know? Did you even fucking care?"

"I'm not going to pretend I'm a saint. I'm not, and I know I'm not. I suppose we're alike in that regard. I've killed a lot of people, and I'm not going to lie and pretend that sometimes I didn't enjoy it. I will never forgive Kanagawa for what his thugs did to me, to my country, to my family. But you know what the difference between us is? Besides that I'm not a lying whore and would never betray someone's trust as you say you betrayed mine? I'll tell you. That scares me. I'm terrified of the fact I've enjoyed killing. I worry constantly about letting my anger get the better of me. I keep an eye on myself because it's my responsibility, and not the world around me. You might want to try that sometime."

"The other difference, of course, is that I fight for a reason. I could tell you about how that reason is good, but I'm not going to bother. The fact I have a reason at all is all that matters. You don't. You worked for a monster because he paid you. You killed, lied, and betrayed the trust of others so that you could buy nice things. That is pathetic. I don't remember your name, I don't even remember you at all. For all I know you could be lying, for some reason, about having fucked me and then tried to kill me. You might want to reflect on that, you know. Try and figure out what sort of poor choices brought you to the point where you leave no impression on people and are willing to do horrible things because, what? Because people fucking pay you to do them? You might want to start caring about something, sometime, for fuck's sake, even if it's just yourself."

"I'm not going to kill you, and I'm not going to have you tossed in some dungeon, either. Not yet, anyway. I need reasons for things, because I care. But this is your first and last warning." She leaned in closer, somehow even more upset. "If you do anything, anything, to hurt my country, I will kill you myself. Am I being clear? You step over that line even fucking once and you are dead. Dead. Got it? I can look past what you did to me, but this is my country, my people. I won't let you victimize other people the way you victimized me. One step out of line and you are fucking finished. Am I being clear? I really hope so, for your sake."

She pushed away from Shari, shaking a bit. "Now get out, and I better not see you or hear about you unless I call for you, got it?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Shari allowed herself to be pushed around, but try as Akemi might, the hulking woman's expression still failed to change. Listening to orders thuroughly, she walked towards the exit on command and let out a heavy shrug. It was only standing in the doorway did she realise how much the beautiful preistesses' words struck cords with how Kai had spoken to her on that insane, rage-filled night a week past.

Lumberingly, she went back down onto her knees on the spot, still facing in the oppisate direction. Completely open to attack.

"...The only things I've ever been are a murder, a brutal traitorous ogre, and a scum-sucking whore. Right from the start. I can't cry for what I've done. There is no case, no hope of forgiveness. If I was nice to you now, it would only have become a knife in itself. Another lie." Her voice was sombre and heavy, dropping the pleasentries with something that more correctly resembled her true persona. "If I said I didn't know again, it wouldn't mean anything. So just hit me or abuse me or do whatever you want, if it helps. But there is no redemption for the dead. No redemption for the childish and self-indulgent."

"Just understand... That I am sorry... Even if it's worthless... Even if I wouldn't accept it either. But being here and alive is not my choice."

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "You're right," Akemi said coldly, "for you there is no hope of forgiveness."

"It's not because you're a fucking monster. I mean, you are, but that's not why. It's because you're exactly what you have chosen to be. You fucking whine and bitch and moan like a godsdamn child because you know you did bad things but you're too much of a fucking coward to actually grow a pair and better yourself. You're right I don't accept your fucking apology, because you're only sorry insofar as it doesn't cost you anything."

Akemi breathed deeply. "Now I suggest you leave before you somehow manage to lower my opinion of you even further, or I lose control of my temper and do something I will later regret having done, although I can promise you that, at the time of the doing, I will very, very, very much enjoy."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Shari hunkered her shoulders, and turned her hands inwards upon her knees. A dozen appologies, arguements and denials came to mind, but they all played right into Akemi's accusations. Was it cruel if she's right? It wasn't clear if she was actually sorry at all, not least to herself. But the glorious embodiment of terror that she once wanted to be was long past dead and rotting. There wasn't too much left to work with. Even if her remorse was honest, was there really any way she could correct things? It seemed like an impass.

Slowly, she got to her feet. Her eyes gave a shameful sideways glance towards Akemi, before returning towards the floor whilst she trounced away. Beyond an impass. That simple-minded bitch Yuanjun could do a better job of this than me. It's hopeless.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Shari didn't say too much to Kai afterwards, only stating the very basics of what Akemi had said in order to try and settle his mood. The last thing the monk wanted was to make him feel like she had lost her taste in him.

Truth was, it all made her loose the taste of redeeming herself more than anything. Dealing with people was a mightly load easier to handle when you could trick yourself into feeling guiltless, yet now she felt terrible and there was exteremely little she could do about her situation regardless. Even sulking over it felt too self indulgent, but as hard as she tried, she couldn't get the preistesses accusations out of her head.

That night, she insisted that she slept on the floor. Come morning, she had done little of it.

Only whilst watching the others make the most of the beaches did she find herself distracted enough to drift off proper.
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-30-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Ryo was taking it easy, with his (fishing)rod in the sea, whistling a little tune and not thinking of work for a change. So far he hadn't caught anything. But that didn't matter the sun and the fresh sea air were more than enough to keep him in a good mood.

Too hot to sleep anymore, and thus still looking rather haggard, Shari lumbered towards Ryo's place on the pier and sat beside him. He was honour bound to be polite, so she thought he was the least complicated person to bug. "Catch anything?" was her simple remark. "I remember the brown sturgeon offshore tasted great."

Oh, and she was squeezed into a thin red sarong with a bikini top. Were her muscles bigger than yours? Damn you, Rin! What have you done!?...

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    Haru was easy to spot. A party of seabirds were strolling after him like a line of ducklings. Every few minutes, he would toss bits of fish from back for them to eat (the remains of breakfast). Grain of sand covered his robe, all the way down to its wet hem. When he spotted Ryo and Shari, he dropped the rest of the fish and bid the birds good-bye.

"Good morning." He knelt on the other side of Ryo, gazing into the water for any sign of movement.

"Not a thing" he interrupted his cheerful whistling with a nonchalant response.
    He was about to make a comment on how everything here was delicious but Haru had come to visit.
    "Oh good morning. I don't suppose you know how to catch these fish?"

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    "I could use magic, but that might defeat the purpose of fishing in the first place. Not quite fair to the fish, either." Haru shook his hair and a shower of sand spilled out. "If you would like to go swimming, I have a spell that makes it possible to breath underwater."