Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)

Kai winced; he'd listened to the exchange with a grim but entirely unsurprised look on his face. He hadn't known Shari had tried to murder Akemi specifically; but he knew more about her than any of his other compatriots combined.

This was more than just revealing of Shari's nature (and, he admitted, even if he hadn't known all he did he still would find it hard to be too judgemental in this instance. Murdering people for money is what he did. He could understand. To an extent.) no- this was humiliating.

The failed murder was one thing, but she'd apparently worked for and been lover to Akemi. Kai glanced at Shari, his eyes widening slightly. This meant at one time Shari had worked- well, technically worked as presumably she was a plant- for a mind flayer.

He wasn't surprised she'd cut in and forced the subject so hurriedly.

"Any information at all- however tangental and irrelevant it may seem would be useful, Lady," he said quietly, his rural Shibayama accent becoming more pronounced despite himself "although there's only a slender chance the two incidents are somehow related we want to cover all bases."
    Last edited by zizi; 06-10-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    The color seemed to drain from Akemi's face at the mention of Uxalu.

"Oh." She stared at the floor for a few moments before speaking again. "Oh."

"Shinko. Leave." All her levity seemed to be gone. He seemed about to say something, but she cut him off with a quick "now." She waited until her samurai was gone before continuing.

"I'm going to entertain the idea that you're not lying. If you are lying - about this, about that - I promise you, I promise you, that I will fucking kill you myself and that I will do everything in my power to make sure that your deaths are as painful and slow as possible."

She sighed heavily. "Tell me more. You first. The Abomination." She practically spit the word. "Where was it? What was it doing? Have you spoken to the Shogun about it? Does he know that his nation was befouled by that... thing?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"We aren't lying." Kai stared at the floor, his expression blank and his face pale. "The horror of what it... does to your mind. Unimaginable. How it invades you. I-" his voice caught, "I was incredibly lucky. By slipping onto the Etherial plane I was able to dodge the full force of it's... wrongness. I killed it. But it had already- it had- it-" he gritted his teeth, "it violated the mind of one of our friends. Turned her into it's weapon... used her against Shari."

He looked up finally. "We are not lying."

Her fingers and eyebrows tightening under Kai's scrutiny, Shari continued looking into the floor but regarded him none the less. The mind flayer connections of her former employer had only just been made by her, internally. This all wasn't exactly presenting the best case for herself... Only thing to do now was pile-drive through the discussion and convince Akemi they were genuine.

"Please understand, first, that we were on a mission." She responded simply, not changing in tone despite Akemi's sudden mood shift. "...It... That vile fucker... called itself 'Uxalu'. Made a big speech before trying to get into our heads. We were just scouting out information on the Cult of Orochi in an old Shibayama temple during the first night, but I guess in hindsight it was clear something fishy was going on... second night lead us to an old butcher's storehouse. It was waiting for us there with... Well... how do I put it... people made into mindless puppets..."

"They were stockpiling magical artifacts. That's about all we know."
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-11-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Akemi looked genuinely moved. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You're friend, the one it violated. Is she okay? The one I killed, the one that had been working with Kanagawa. It... it tried to get into my mind, too." She folded up on her divan a bit, as if cold. "It violated my mind too. I guess I was stronger than it expected..." She shrugged, looking at nothing in particular. "Dunno."

"The Abomination never gave us a name. Didn't speak either. But it said things. In my head. It said things. It said things, and it violated me." She seemed to be holding back tears. "Then I killed it. I killed it."

"Saw its puppets. And its experiments." She said coldly. "Saw its food, too." She added with a grim, humorless, laugh.

"I'm sorry. I... I don't know. I don't know what I can do to help you, but if there's anything, anything, I'm at your disposal. And Mizunokuni."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"She'll live." Shari replied somberly. For a moment she did little else but put a combforting hand on Kai's shoulder, and weigh up exactly how trustworthy Akemi was. Nevermind the irony. This could have serious ramifications on all of them if the preistess wasn't who she seemed.

"I'm sorry for digging up these memories. I'm sure it's something you'd rather have left in the past." She continued, the aura of emmotional detachment holding well. "But this level of corruption is over our heads, m'lady. They have major reasources. They even followed us back on the first night with... Well, some royal connections. This was not a fluke or a plot in it's infancy. I'm sure I've already said too much."

"Can you give us some idea of what your scourge was after, perhaps? What kind of actions was the goverment trying to hurry to completion while you were overthrowing them?"

Akemi gave a heavy sigh. "I don't know. Kanagawa - the Abomination - I don't know which - I don't care which. It was taking lots of people. My mother. You know. His thugs. We never found any mass graves, and there weren't nearly enough bodies in the Abomination's lair to explain what it did with them."

"I'm... I'm sorry." She inhaled deeply, still clearly trying to stop herself from crying. "I'm not being very helpful. Apologies." She forced a smile.

"They? I thought you said there was only one abomination. And what do you mean by royal connections?"

Kai reached up and grasped Shari's hand as he leant into her touch. "People were working with it. Powerful people who seem to have been acting under their own influence- as tenuous as I agree that is. Some of whom, at least, cannot have been the tools of the creature we killed. (Although I'm not ruling out that there may be another.)

"I'm sorry Lady, we have reasons to believe many things- please, please forgive us for being so cagey. But we've already risked and lost. One of our friends was murdered the night before we discovered the abomination- the murderers having followed us back from a mission where I observed what later turned out to be the... it's mouthpiece. They were not shy about revealing either who they were or why they were there. This is not a case of one discovered creature; this is a conspiracy."

He paused, "I'm sorry. Everything we've revealed to you so far wouldn't be a surprise to these people; they know we killed the creature (I doubt they won't make an educated guess at any rate), who we are, where we came from. Who we love. We can only hope they don't know how much- if anything- of what it is exactly we know. We're understandably uneasy to lay down our hand, even to you."

He smiled wryly, and squeezed Shari's hand. "And I doubt I'm the only one to note the irony of that, given the circumstances."

Shari rotated Kai's hand subtly, placed it on the ground, then placed her own back on top. An effort not to wave their relationship in Akemi's face, most likely. Her unflinching tone of voice still denoted that she was still conducting things as one would battle preperations.

"Thank you for not holding a grudge, maam..." A quick, if wordless, glance to Kai, then back to the priestess. "I may not have evolved as much as you, but I'd like to think I'm making a few small strides now..."

"The twins, from the Cao royal bloodline... They were the ones who killed our comrade... and worse." Bold moves came with blank-slate expressions... One had to wonder if she seen this akin to a game of shogi. "You hardly need a public excuse to kill me, so I guess I can let you in on that. Your country may even need that knowlage at the negotiating table yourselves."
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-11-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Akemi sighed. "I'm sorry. I- I don't know. I don't know what to do here, really. I'll have my ninja look into it. I'm not sure what else I can say or do." She gave a sad little smile. "But if there's anything, please let me know."

She got up, shaking slightly for a moment. "If there's nothing else, I suppose you best be off? I'll need to speak to Konpeki and some others, about this. Please don't leave the city, I'll be getting back in touch."