Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Shari vs Yuanjun (C)

"Night, probally." Shari answered with a small smirk. "We have a task to perform, but we won't be able to leave then anyway." Her brain process pretty clearly showed a 'complete the mission and get out' attitude as always, good mood or not.

It was beyond her abbility to figure out Kai's current emotions, but she guessed that he'd probally still be brooding over his family. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she softly grabbed his attention. "Think we can get a waterfront inn with the money lady Rin gave us, Mister Kai?"

"Okay then, I will see you all later." Ryo gave the rest of the party a wave and left for the palace.

Kai glanced up and smiled, pushing his thoughts aside. He had plenty of time to brood; they were supposed to be on holiday. "Good idea," he said, "maybe we could get a room with a nice view of the river...?" He trailed off, uncertain if she'd even want to share with him.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Ryo managed to get you all an audience with Akemi, although the people at the palace found it kind of suspicious that he didn't give a reason why he wanted to see her beyond working for the emperor of Kusanagi which really isn't a reason anymore than "I'm a member of the city watch." is a reason to arrest somebody.

The palace was lovely and had numerous waterways running through it. You even saw Yu Lungs swimming in some.

Also there were lots and lots of turtles.

Akemi was waiting for you in an ornate meeting room of sorts. She was seated upon a divan of sorts, and most of the furnishings of the room - as well as her highly revealing clothing - seemed to be made from various shells, pearls, fish bones, scales, and other bites of things collected from the ocean.

She was as gorgeous as Rin had made her out to be, and her largely bare body was covered in jewelry, piercings, and tattoos.

At her side and to the fore was a heavily armored samurai wearing what appeared to be plate armor made from shells and bones. To your back as you entered the room and took seats on cushions was a grim looking older man in all black and who's defining physical feature was his lack of defining physical features. Probably a Ninja. He seemed to eye Shari with more than a little suspicion.

"My aides tell me that you were sent by the emperor of Kusanagi?" She asked, looking to Ryo. She didn't seem to remember him. "To what do I owe the pleasure? Oh! You can speak freely, I don't care much for protocol. And the handsome young man in the armor is Shinko, my bodyguard, who's because the elders believe I am a helpless child, and the grumpy man in black is Konpeki, who I'm sure your ninja already know as our head ninja, so I'm not going to bother pretending otherwise. He's just leaving though." She waved a hand dismissively and Konpeki left without a word but with an annoyed sigh. Shinko seemed a little unnerved by her compliments, not that you could tell much given how much armor he had on.

She smiled. "So. What can I or my country do for you?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Kai smiled to himself. Apparently very powerful, very beautiful women tended to similar attitudes for protocol. He glanced over at Shari and found himself blushing lightly. Oh for the love of the Kami. It seemed he was destined to be around women who managed to somehow conjure up thoughts he'd long thought himself incapable of.

Although, this blush was less about Shari's presence and more about what Mio had had to say about it.

SPOILER! :
    He'd lain face down on the street, feeling the purpling bruise on his face already rise as she stood somewhere behind him. Any onlooker would have just seen him and assumed him to be drunk; Mio's punishment was silent and invisible. Well, almost silent.
    "How sporting," he slurred against the ground before pushing himself up onto his knees, "hitting a man whilst invisible."
    Mio's disembodied laugh was cold and flat. "How ironic, a worm comparing itself to a man."
    She moved faster than thought and hit him again, a small bare foot snapping him back down to the ground.
    "Wait- what-?" She sounded caught off guard, surprised.
    Kai pushed himself fluidly to his feet and listened hard, not bothering to look around.
    "Kai, Kai, Kai!" her usual monotone was high and excited. This did not bode well. "What have we here, ex husband of mine?"
    She shimmered into view to his left, smirking. "You've been a busy boy."
    "What are you talking about?"
    Mio's smirk vanished. "Whilst I've been protecting my family- my children- from your mistakes, you've been enjoying yourself."
    Kai's face twisted with guilt, "Mio I'm sorry, I would have never, ever deliberately-"
    "Who is he?"
    "-put you in any sort of danger..." Kai trailed off, confused. "Who is-?"
    She vanished suddenly and Kai twisted around in surprise as he felt her hands on his neck. "Oh, Kai." Her sharp little fingers snatched at his clothes, pulling them away from his skin. "You've plenty of new scars of course- you're so useless, honestly- but look. Here, on your neck. These scars were not made by your sheer incompetence in battle. These are scratches of a sort made traditionally in one way only. Ouch, someone's been playing rough with you."
    She released him. "Oh no." She was disgusted.
    "What now?"
    "You're an idiot. I mean, we both have always known this but this, Kai, this is a new level of idiocy even for you."
    "Right." Kai's irritation was beginning to wear even his guilt thin. "Mio, I'm sorry. You've been beating the shit out of me for the last god knows how long and I've tried to apologise and you've brushed it aside like it means nothing and for fuck's sake do you have any idea how much I've wanted to see you? How much I've missed you? I've barely eaten or slept these past few days because I've been so entirely wound up in seeing you. I know I fucked up. I fucked up I fucked up and I will never stop apologising for that but please, please will you just stop fucking about and tell me what the fuck you are talking about?"
    Mio wasn't listening. She had deigned to reappear and was staring at him intently, her expression thunderous.
    "Who is he? The druid? The fucking samurai? Who, Kai, ex husband, darling one, first love and half the DNA of my eldest child- who have you been fucking?" She glared at him. "Because Kai, you are stupid but shit-!"
    "I really don't want to talk about this."
    "No? Because I think it is slightly relevant who you've gone and fallen in love with."

Shari's skin crawled and her stomach churned. Eyes darted between the two bodyguards and the lewdly dressed woman, before finally settling on one of the rather fancy cushions at the center of the room. Not quite the feeling of paranoia, it was the fear of Akemi's memory. The priestess and her 'old friend' where, against all probability, one and the same...

She glanced at Kai and regarded his affectionate expression for a moment, before gathering up the courage to continue. Her mind squabbled with an incoherent sentence. She'd have to lay things straight in order for her presence here not to look like underhandedness.

"Lady Akemi... It's been about six or eight years, hasn't it?" She started of with a sort of embarrassed tone. Rather than looking ahead, she was now looking into her lap and putting her thumbs together before her. "I must say that as cherished as your company was in the past, I never expected to return and find you this high up in the rankings."

Any other person and Shari wouldn't have remembered herself, but... Akemi?.... That was a major turning point. The day she went from block-headed sword fodder to an actual personal fighter. An assassin...

Regardless of the fact she'd failed, seeing as Akemi was still alive.
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-10-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Akemi looked completely confused by Shari's words. "Hm? I'm sorry, do I know you?" She looked a little embarrassed at not remembering Shari.

This was awkward.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"Y-y-you were the first woman I ever slept with!" Shari stuttered with the grace of an ox. Instinctively, her right hand came to her face and blotted out the parrallel scars; They hadn't happened yet. Despite the implications, she really did speak as if she was talking to an old chum. "I was even your subordinate, before I... erh..."

"Well, I'm only laying this out in the open because I don't want you to get the wrong idea and all... and I'm sure that we are both completely differant people now, but..." She retreated back into her shell, closing her eyes and crossing her impressive arms. The only way she could manage the next sentence was to revert to her standard informal, opressive tone. "Hourable Lady Daimyo, I served you, had relations with you, then betrayed and tried to kill you! Surely you remember that?"
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-10-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Shinko drew his sword, standing at the ready. "Shinko, please!" Akemi yelled, getting to her feet.

She looked Shari over, tilting her head either way a few times before shrugging. "Nope. Don't remember you at all. Sorry, whoever you are, but I honestly don't remember you. I can't keep track of the people I've slept with" Shinko seemed to squirm a little "and I can't keep track of the number of people who've tried to kill me."

"'Sides, assuming you're telling the truth then I guess we're left with you trying to kill me, failing (I can only assume I kicked your ass), and apparently having left such a negligible impression on me that I don't remember you at all, although you remember me."

She laughed a little (she had a lovely smile), sat back down on her diven, and shrugged. "I'm pretty okay with that."

She turned back to Ryo. "I assume you have more business here than bringing me an old lover and would-be assassin of mine? Not that I don't appreciate the gesture. It's nice to be reminded that I'm pretty badass, eh Shinko?"

"Yes, Mistress Hakunetsu."

"With all due respect Daimyo, our business involves a little creature we encountered in Yagyu a few days back." Shari cut in, agitatedly trying to claw a little of her standing back. Comfortable enough with Akemi's position, she decided it was better to just hurriedly sweep the revelation under the carpet than ponder on the things that mister Kai was probably thinking. "We didn't know it at the time, but it's the same kind of monster that was behind the curtains of your predecessor. What did our master call it?... A mind flayer."

"We killed it, but where unable to extract any information, you see." Her expression was stone-cold serious now. "Our master was wondering if you had any knowledge of their current activities. If not, generalized speculation based on your experience would suffice, M'lady."
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-10-2011 at 10:02 PM.